Community discussions

MikroTik App

nikola033
just joined
Topic Author

Connect the same version of the client, with several different version CHR The Dude servers?

Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:05 pm

Hello everyone,

Can I connect a client to The Dude v6 server, if the client version is different from the server? (example 6.41 client connect to 6.42rc6 server, or reverse)

I use several CHR servers for testing, and when I change the version of the CHR server, I need to download and install a different version of the client.
For that reason, I have several clients installed on my computer.

Does it exist a way to connect the same version of the client, to diffrent version CHR The Dude servers?
I would be grateful for the information.

ps. Sorry for my English

stmx38
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Connect the same version of the client, with several different version CHR The Dude servers?

Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:56 pm

Hello, nikola033!

I don't know how this may be done...

Just want to mention that Dude client may be used as portable application. In such case we may have folders like 'Dude-v6.41' and 'Dude-v6.42rc6'.
Also, we may use Dude client auto-update option in order to use same portable version to connect to different servers - it will be upgraded/downgraded each time when Dude server version is different from the client. But I'm not know how it will wok if you will try to connect simultaneously to more that one Dude server, which have different versions, with same Dude client.

Thank you!

nikola033
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Connect the same version of the client, with several different version CHR The Dude servers?

Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:16 pm

Hello slech,
And thank you for help.

From some reason auto update client doesn't work, when auto update is ended, after again running client, client version is not updated.

It's good that it's portable, thank you for idea.
But would be good, that is one client.

eriitguy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:03 am

nikola033,

May you try to run Dude client as administrator? It seems that auto-update may not work because it may not have rights for this.

Thank you!

nikola033
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:26 pm

Just I needed to run the application with the "Run as administrator", and works it perfectly.
Just still, one client cannot simultaneously connect to multiple different servers, but auto update is great.

Thanks a lot eriitguy

rwf
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:25 pm

Thanks very much for the solution to run The Dude as Administrator!
I always wondered why that upgrade/downgrade feature never worked and was having to keep multiple versions of the program. I don't think this is in the documentation, or at least I haven't seen it.