Community discussions

MikroTik App

Rico
just joined
Topic Author

Version mismatch Dude

Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:00 pm

Hi all,

I accidentely changed the SNMP password inside a router. To make it work again I changed the password in the SNMP profile as well. After I did this all the acces points of the router changed to status unknown or down. After everything went down I immedietely checked if the router was down. The router and acces points were still working correctly, but they were marked as down in The Dude. When I took a closer look at an acces point it gave a weird error. It said: Router cannot be used as agent because of version mismatch (6.40.4 (stable) != 6.40.4) (6). I've tried a few things to solve this issue as mentioned down here:

- I checked if the router has the same version as The Dude. Which it has.
- I have recreated the router in The Dude.
- I checked the SNMP passwords on both the router and The Dude. (To make sure they had the same passwords)
- I rebooted the router.
- I upgraded both the router and The Dude to version 6.41.1.
- I upgraded the firmware of the router.

Unfortunate all of the above did not solve my problem. Can someone help me with this problem?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rico
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Version mismatch Dude

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:20 pm

So we found the solution of this problem. We were monitoring the Router with it's LAN adres. After we changed it to it's WAN adres it immedietely started working again.