MikroTik App

bjorncmtec
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

The Dude map slowness/losing data

Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:01 pm

Hi Everyone

I have over the last 6 years been using the Dude as my main NMS and it has been working great. However recently we have been having the dude server crashing. We used to run it on Windows on version 3.x.x, we have moved to dedicated routers and now most recently upgraded the an RB1100AHx4 Dude Edition hoping it would resolve our instability.

This has been running pretty well except recently we have issues with information stability. The Dude itself is slow to work on at times, and sometimes we lose devices added during the course or a normal work day.

We have a backup running at 4AM, which is stopping the dude server, performing the backup and then a vaccum and re-enabling the dude service. This is the normal process for backups and i have a feeling this process is causing issues with our database which is in fact the real issue.

We currently have about 5000+- devices loaded on our dude as well, which i would imagine is abnormally high. Could this perhaps also be the issue? Or perhaps even the polling and probing interval causing a high amount of data updates ?

benjamimgois
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: The Dude map slowness/losing data

Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:28 pm

After we migrated 3.6 to 6.x i tried to make a vaccum-db and the result was disasterous.... lots of data lost in the process. Today i make regular backups but always skip the vaccum process. Besides the images disapearing from the disk every once, is stable.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=129111