Community discussions

MikroTik App

ALX1S
Topic Author

Problem with Ping on Dude (The Dude 3.4)

Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:00 pm

Hi to everyone,

I would like to ask you if someone can help me to resolve some issue that im getting on The Dude server (running in a Lubuntu server with Playonlinux). I used a backup from an old winxp computer that was running the service.

I am getting a message "local problem" on the ping service, all the other services are working properly. Do you have any idea if there are a "permission to ping" issue and how should be solved?

Thanks you in advanced.

agenovez
just joined

Re: Problem with Ping on Dude (The Dude 3.4)

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:09 am

Hi, you need to run it with sudo, maybe your kernel has ICMP restrictions, I really recommend you running it on CHR indeed.

ALX1S
Topic Author

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:38 am

Hi agenovez, thanks for your reply,

Considering that im executing the file from gui (because need to execute the dude.exe by using wine), how could i execute it using sudo? (I dont have the option in the gui that saids "execute with admin privileges").

Info: When i run "top" i see that the task called "dude.exe" is being executed by the admin of the system

Thanks you again,

AC

ALX1S
Topic Author

Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:15 pm

Hey Guys, im really stacked with that...

Is there any way to grant privilages to the dude service in deed, because i have the following problems trying to open the app with root privileges....

Tried using Sudo Nautilus: but looks like the process never starts
Tried using "sudo ./~wine/{path of the exe and the exe file}: but the terminal keeps with an ">" and nothing comes up

Thanks,

Regards

AC