Topic Author

Where to dude syslog go ?

Mon May 07, 2018 10:42 am

Hello Folks!

Questions might seem dumb,
but where does the dude syslog go ?
Where do I set max log file size ?
Where can I set retention time ?
Where can I set max number of log files ?

Thank you in advance.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Where to dude syslog go ?

Mon May 07, 2018 3:21 pm

Mikrotik did bad change. They removed the separate dude syslog files and use devices log instead... Very bad and silly...

steen
Topic Author

Mon May 28, 2018 12:31 pm

Mikrotik did bad change. They removed the separate dude syslog files and use devices log instead... Very bad and silly...
Hope logging comes back, we could not yet decomiss the old Dude running on server 2008.

The other day I saw a new "issue" with the new dude, it has glitches...
glitches means logging and monitoring is not continuously running as the old dude, it suddenly stops for some moment and then comes back again, especially when network load is high.
We have dual dude's on different servers, monitoring exactly the same networks and ways. Both has glitches, but glitches is not in the same time domain on both, more at random.
Whereas the old dude does not have glitches at all, it just monitors a constant flow so to say.
So this new discovery pushes us back again, delaying decommissioning of that old server.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:27 am

Everywhere around the globe. But more important is where the dude developer lives. More than that, whether is he still alive...

Synced
just joined

Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:09 pm

I‘m wondering the same, I just was about to set up the syslog on the rb1100 dude Edition but since we can’t create seperate log files I guess we have to swap to an alternate syslog server ... quite annoying, why would they even downgrade the dude...