Community discussions

MikroTik App

daggerCVN
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Complete list of Dude Terminal/CLI commands?

Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:10 pm

All, I can't seem to find a complete list of all of the available command lines allowed within The Dude. Specifically, I want to add a Device via CLI commands, but I can't seem to find out how to specify the DNS Name. For example I can only see how to create a new Device with a name by "/dude device add name=xxxxx", but nothing else in this command line? After creating a new Device with just a name field, I've been trying the other Dude commands and closest I've come is via the "ros address add device=xxxxx" but no where do I see how to input its DNS Name (looks like I can put a hard coded IP address, but that's not what I need). Can anybody point me the way please? Thanks.

sid5632
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Complete list of Dude Terminal/CLI commands?

Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:28 pm

You can't.
It isn't finished and there's no documentation.
Yes, it's disappointing, and has been for a long time, but there seems to be no effort available to develop this thing or fix the many bugs.

daggerCVN
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Complete list of Dude Terminal/CLI commands?

Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:16 pm

Thanks sid for the input even though disappointing to hear. I was hoping I just wasn't bright enough to find it on my own. My challenge is to find (an affordable) mass Mikrotik management tool that allows for me to input many existing Mikrotik routers. The Dude's discovery tool isn't really feasible when you have routers using dynamically assigned public IP addresses...