Community discussions

MikroTik App

jbhur
just joined
Topic Author

New to Dude. Have a few questions.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:16 am

I'm running CHR 6.42.5 under a P1 license within a Hyper-V virtual machine. It runs well.
I'm not doing any routing. I'm using the VM solely as a Dude server.
It's doing that quite well, too, in spite of the quirks and limitations noted throughout this forum section.
My aim is to use Dude to document my home networks' layouts, animate those layouts as much as I can and
provide alerts for changes in some network functions. So far, that's also going quite well.
But, I've got a few questions I'm hoping to get answered.

1/ Is there a way to manipulate the label variables [Time] and/or [TimeAndDate]?
Specifically, I'd like to return a substring of the "seconds" field. All my attempts have failed.

2/ I like that links change colour as link traffic increases when the link speed is specified. However, the change in colour is inconsistent. I've seen yellows, purples, greens as links carry more traffic, seemingly dependent on what the base colour of the link is. I've run Dude client on different machines and this characteristic is present on all. What algorithm is used to change link colour? I think that when the traffic is about 50% of specified link speed, the link colour gets darker. At about 150% (?) speed, a link will turn red. When the traffic exceeds 200%(?) of the specified link speed, the link and its label turns white. Is there any way to control these inflection points?

3/ I created some simple scripts in RouterOS to aid my animations. One, for example, is called FlipFlop and it just toggles its state every second.
Using ros_command to read my variable $FlipFlop within Dude, I can only get it's state at a rate no faster than about once every 5 seconds. Now, I know labels in Dude can display [Time] showing every second consistently (also rand() changes consistently every second) so how can I get the variable $FlipFlop read as fast?

Thanks