Community discussions

MikroTik App

markon
Topic Author

Errors in Dude 3.0 Beta 1

Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:28 pm

:? I have setup a couple of testing units with DUDE 3 beta 1 and began the painful process of Beta Testing.

1. When runing the Dude Server in the services mode, remote Dude Clients and Remote Dude Agents will not connect in either the remote mode or the secure modes. (Running on Windows 2003 Server)

2. Dude 3 need the ability to inport backup files from the 2.X version in the future. Otherwise, those with complex setups will pull out their hair.

3. A few of the build in tools such as Winbox, Scan, etc. should have the ability to select the device that this runs under, ie. the tool winbox is none functional for none RouterOS boxes

aviper
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:34 am

After update from v2b12.

1. Dude shows me everything as down (even if I have ping to the devices).

2. I don't have snmp probes to ROS devices (I think it is connected with the ping problem above).

3. The wallpaper turns white when I zoom.

4. For now - unusable.

Back to v2.1 hopefully everything seems fine for now, except that percents of Disk space are too long (10-15 symbols after decimal point) and icons are very fat now ;).

winkelman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:51 pm

except that percents of Disk space are too long (10-15 symbols after decimal point)
You can simply use the round function to limit the decimals if you want...

markon
Topic Author

UPGRADE

Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:58 am

:( Tried twice to upgrade from a 2.0 system. No Joy. Had to uninstall before installing 3.0.

aviper
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: UPGRADE

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:05 am

:( Tried twice to upgrade from a 2.0 system. No Joy. Had to uninstall before installing 3.0.
Try frist 2.1 and after that 3.0b1.

In my case I installed it over v2b12 and it works (everything was loaded), but it seems lot of buggy for me so I change back to v2.1

Minollie
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Errors in Dude 3.0 Beta 1

Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:26 pm

:?
2. Dude 3 need the ability to inport backup files from the 2.X version in the future. Otherwise, those with complex setups will pull out their hair.
Hi guys,

I second this ability... I've installed 3.0 Beta 2 without the crash while installing The Dude what I saw with 3.0 Beta 1. Thought it all went incredibly nice and smooth.. but sadly enough it didn't..

I'm able to import my backup from a Dude 2.1 version..
I get a graphical representation of all these devices, the services/probes but for some stupid reason it just won't identify the physical devices..
This results in a huge load of red and garbled icons of devices..

Please Mikrotik guru's, please fix this.. (I need to get hair again..)

Regards,
Minollie

GWISA

Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:28 pm

We have that too - some monitored links using Routeros as Mastering Type, interfaces list just shows (unknown).

Strange thing is - some do work, some don't... workaround is to use SNMP to monitor the link on those that don't...

While we're at it - how do you turn off the cpu % and disk % display when you active SNMP? It's really irritating...