Community discussions

MikroTik App

Egert143
just joined
Topic Author

Possible Dude memory leak

Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:41 am

Hello

Anybody else experiencing memory "leak" with dude router ? Currently monitoring about 2000 devices (mainly ping only) and it takes about 2-3 days until memory full and winbox is not responding anymore at which point i need to reboot it.

Router: 1100AHx4 Dude Editon (ver 6.43.4). Tryed with new hardware (another ahx4 DE) and moved db to new router but that dident help.

Healt: https://imgur.com/a/4TUswbY

olewissing
just joined

Re: Possible Dude memory leak

Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:22 am

Yes!

So far, the investment in “The Dude” has been a waste of money.

When I enable “The Dude” on my new RB1100AhX4 with 1 GB RAM, it starts to drain memory, and it seems to be when scanning. My router will reboot just after reaching zero less than an hour later. And then the show starts all over again.

I have a Class A network, so yes, a high number of addresses to check, but only a 100 or so that actually replies to ping.

Just as good and agile the RouterOS is when talking about features, just as fragile it is concerning stability.

Unfortunately I haven’t got any clues on how to solve. Do You?

Hoov
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:07 pm

We have less than 100 customers and we are using an RB750Gr3 with the Dude running on it, and so far nothing like what you are describing.

olewissing
just joined

Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:05 am

Just tried “The Dude” on my RB1100AHX4 Dude Edition again, after upgrading to 6.44.28 beta.

Previously it crashed very quick, when handling large network-CIDR. This time I started very slow, by adding the Class-A network in Class-C bits.
In the beginning I added some devices manually, then 1 x Class-C network, than another. Everything was fine approx 120Mb RAM taken totally.

But suddenly I discovered, that ‘Devices’ showed up-addresses from outside the network scopes entered AND a lot of these were marked as ‘Up’, despite no machine. The webfig was now sluggish, and when I checked the available RAM, it showed 112Mb left.

I hurried disabling “The Dude”, but even after 10 minutes the memory used by “The Dude” was not reclaimed/garbage collected by RouterOS.

When I tried to make a supout.rif file it crashed and rebooted.

It seems, that there are a major memory leak somewhere in the router. Nothing I did were hard, and should not claim nearly 1Gb in a non-graphic, Linux-like environment. I hope that the developers will take this serious soon.

Hoov
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:18 am

How many devices had you entered before these devices started showing up, the non existent devices? Did you reset The Dude DB before redoing it the last time? If not, that might be your issues. Just deleting devices in the Dude does not remove the network discovery from the server. You have to go into the server, then to the Dude, then to Networks and make sure there are no spurious entries there for networks you are not entering. Also make sure that if you are using Discovery that in the advanced tab you do not have the "Add Serviceless" checked. I made that mistake once. Thought it meant something else. But it will add ghost machines, one for each address, even if there is nothing assigned to that IP Address.

Dude2048
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:05 pm

Same here. Also a RB1100 Dude Edition. It is monitoring 600 devices and memory is filling up. For the rest, same issues as above. MikroTik, please do something about it.

Dude2048
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:20 pm

And again it is frozen. It doesn't create a autosupout or let me create one. In this way there is nothing to send to support.

toomuchwifi
just joined

Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:55 am

I'm having the same issue with my Dude Server sitting in Teraco Data Centre Cape Town.

See a possible linked issue that we spotted before it start shutting down / crashing -

Really annoying, Mikrotik responds saying they can't see what's wrong - but it is running our network monitoring and I can't work like this.
Either Mikrotik needs to refund us and we go VM - or they need to come to the party to address & resolve or advise at least.

Link to other post that may be linked to this issue:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=109713

More data here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Could it actually be a disk issue - and how can I resolve it?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z3Cwno ... sp=sharing