Community discussions

MikroTik App

DomDIs
just joined
Topic Author

The Dude questions

Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:28 pm

So I created a new map by performing a discovery.
After the map was laid out I deleted all the IPs I didn't want to see
I added a some mail notifications to mail and SMS text accounts (the test button does deliver the test )

I modify notifications on a couple of icons on the map I then stop those services on the actual boxes that correspond to the map icons. If I double click on the Green icon wher a couple of services are actually down I can see on the general tab that the services are orange but I never received a text - also the map icon never turned orange

Help I need
I actually want the icon to turn red if any one of the services are down. Probe is set to every 10 minutes
If I look at the 1st map (local) settings the map shows as down and if I look at the new map I made the settings show as up

Am I using this tool wrong ?

jmay

Re: The Dude questions

Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:49 pm

2 ways to setup notifications. One is under the device under the polling tab. The 2nd is under the services tab and double clicking each service you want a notification to be sent on.

As far as the icon turning red when only one service is down, I don't think that is possible. If one is down and some are up it will be orange, but you'll get used to seeing that as a problem and then you can investigate.

geoffsmith31
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:15 am

If you have a notification set up, you also need to look at the notification triggers in the "On Status" window on the Advanced Tab of the "Notification". There are 5 different statuses: OK, Unknown, Unstable, Acked, Down. A notification will be sent only on the state changes that you select in that window. Also - a device or probe will never go from OK directly to Down. Generally it will go OK -> Unstable -> Down when it fails. Then Down -> OK when it comes good again.

Then you need to wait till the selected status change occurs. I assume that the notification that you set up was at the device level. If you had to open up the device to see that the probes were down, probably indicates that you had not waited long enough for the device to register the change of status. The device should change from green to orange if only some probes are down. It should go red if all probes are down.

antispam
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:41 am

Do you also need to gather e-mails from different websites for your database? What software do you use? I use Atompark for it, if you wish to try then create an [link removed], their support is always online and will help you with any issue.
Last edited by krisjanisj on Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed links

DomDIs
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:41 pm

If you have a notification set up, you also need to look at the notification triggers in the "On Status" window on the Advanced Tab of the "Notification". There are 5 different statuses: OK, Unknown, Unstable, Acked, Down. A notification will be sent only on the state changes that you select in that window. Also - a device or probe will never go from OK directly to Down. Generally it will go OK -> Unstable -> Down when it fails. Then Down -> OK when it comes good again.

Then you need to wait till the selected status change occurs. I assume that the notification that you set up was at the device level. If you had to open up the device to see that the probes were down, probably indicates that you had not waited long enough for the device to register the change of status. The device should change from green to orange if only some probes are down. It should go red if all probes are down.
Thanks - I have set it up and used the defaults., sending through either my external mail service or my internal MX box