Community discussions

Sprayer4real
just joined
Topic Author

The Dude for a newby !!

Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:12 pm

Hi guys !
First i wanna thanks all of you for this forum because it's really intersting.

So, this is the story :

I just setup a dude server in my company to monitor our network.. At the beginning we've would just use the ping to see if ours equipments are alive.
But, with some research i found that this software is a goldmine ! So now, i would like to know how to set thnigs up for monitoring tools like disk space, cpu use, memory use...

I would love find some tutorial because i really start from ground 0 !

If someone can help me it would be really appriciated !

THX

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: The Dude for a newby !!

Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:18 pm

I don't know about any tutorials, but those things you mention use snmp, so enable that on target devices and you'll get a whole lot of new numbers to enjoy.
People who quote full posts should be spanked with ethernet cable. Some exceptions for multi-topic threads may apply.

w0lt

Re: The Dude for a newby !!

Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:48 pm

Hi guys !
First i wanna thanks all of you for this forum because it's really intersting.

So, this is the story :

I just setup a dude server in my company to monitor our network.. At the beginning we've would just use the ping to see if ours equipments are alive.
But, with some research i found that this software is a goldmine ! So now, i would like to know how to set thnigs up for monitoring tools like disk space, cpu use, memory use...

I would love find some tutorial because i really start from ground 0 !

If someone can help me it would be really appriciated !

THX
There are some pretty good tutorials on YouTube. One, albeit Indonesian is by Mikrotik Indonesia but has english subtitles.
The author, Valens Riyadi a really great Mikrotik contributor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gGNgm94Ato
MTCNA - 2011

" The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten "