MikroTik App

Jurchiks
just joined
Topic Author

WinApp The Dude 6.45.6 freezes after start

Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:41 pm

Hi, guys./Sveiki visiem.

I'm running RB 1100AHx4 Dude Edition v6.45.6

I started to test Dude functionality to see if it fits my needs. At first it was working nicely (devices discovered, arranged, and so on). After 10 minutes or so The Dude froze, so i hat to kill the task. After that i could not get the thing working again. Immediately after login, programm froze. Sometimes after a while a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error was thrown (see picture) and in Windows event log 2 events where generated (see picture).
I tried to restart the Router, the PC, disable local firewall, connect plain/secure, save pwd or not and reinstall The Dude application. Nothing worked.

After that i started to delete all Temporary Files TheDude had left on my PC after deinstall, I've discovered, that after deleting the File
C:\Users\____\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Dude\data\dude.viw and installing the program once again saved connection settings where not there anymore, but i could start The Dude 6.45.6 and it did not hang. So, my point is - it seems that there is a bug in the The Dude 6.45.6 software while reading the config file (?that has'nt been closed properly?). I am willing to provide the erroneous "dude.viw" for debugging purposes if you're interested.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.