Community discussions

MikroTik App

smufarhan
just joined
Topic Author

The Dude Cnfiguration

Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:03 am

Hello Dear Team and all members,
I recently installed dude server in my MikroTik router and I am new to dude. I have remote devices and network connected through my IPsec Tunnel. Now I want to monitor my devices network from Dude. How could I configure it to monitor my IPsec tunnel and all devices connected through the tunnel. Help or most relevant literature in this regard would be highly appreciable.
Last edited by smufarhan on Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: The Dude Cnfiguration

Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:14 am

Not the expert but this should just work. If you use the dude client on Windows (or via wine on Mac/Linux), you can connect to the dude server then scan the subnet that's connected via the tunnel. Unless you specify the subnet to search, I'd imagine it would automatically find anything.

Now if the tunnel at the other end has a firewall, you could run into trouble. You can try Tool > IP Scan in winbox with the subnet that you'd like monitor across the IPSec tunnel - if that can't ping anything, the dude isn't going to be able to monitor anything either - which would tell you if you need to look at the tunnel config to make sure traffic is flowing correctly.