Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

firebat
Topic Author

Dude Ping Timeouts. Debugging

Wed May 02, 2007 9:22 am

I am running Dude version 2.2 and have had serious issues with Dude ping timeouts in our network. Pings from the CLI work fine. Dude initiated pings timeout on several different manufacturer devices. I took a look with ethereal to see what may be happening. Some results:

1. Ethereal shows pings being sent. However, I see 3 pings sent within two second for my devices. Why is this happening?
2. I do not see ping responses from devices that are timing out. However, if I issues a reprobe form Dude, the device immediately responds. Why would that be? I can reprobe after a set of the 3 pings are sent and the device will respond correctly. :x

Uldis/Normis:
I'm forwarding the packet dump to you.

complete2006
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu May 03, 2007 10:33 am

This issues are gone at my side since Beta6. At Beta 5 I had this issue very massive

pjulian
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu May 03, 2007 4:29 pm

I have had this problem since 2.0, and still have it.
I find it more when a device goes down, sometimes the dude doesn't know when it's come back up, even though you can use the Dudes on ping test and it works, plus a command line ping from a PC works, but dude doesn't start seeing the device responding until you disable the dude server and restart it, then it sees everything fine.

Regards
Paul