Community discussions

MikroTik App

antiqued4
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Help with ping in The Dude

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:08 am

Hello, I would like to see if i can change the time for a device to be "green" active. For example 10 pings ok, so up, The dude by default I think it's 2 sec or 2 ping. I can change the time, for example, to 10sec or 10 pings, and then stay online

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Help with ping in The Dude

Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:24 am

Usual Dude parameters specify how many seconds between pings, and how many pings a device must miss to be considered down.

It sounds like you want the opposite of this: not to mark the device up until it has responded to so many pings in a row. Is this a correct understanding?

If so, I don't believe there is any way to tell the Dude to do this.

Maybe you can explain why you want to do this, and we can think of another approach.

antiqued4
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Help with ping in The Dude

Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:00 pm

Usual Dude parameters specify how many seconds between pings, and how many pings a device must miss to be considered down.

It sounds like you want the opposite of this: not to mark the device up until it has responded to so many pings in a row. Is this a correct understanding?

If so, I don't believe there is any way to tell the Dude to do this.

Maybe you can explain why you want to do this, and we can think of another approach.
That's exactly what I want, what happens is that 2 pings or 2 seconds and it is already on is not cool, it can ping 2 and 1 timeout and so on, I wouldn't even know if it's right or not, that's why that 10 pings is better, I believe with a probe to do it, but I don't know how. So with 10 pings I would be sure that it is up and that everything is fine.