Community discussions

MikroTik App

cristian1986
just joined
Topic Author

The client is frozen

Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:33 am

Hello friends, I have a problem with the client the dude, I add a host and I want to edit it but it freezes and does not respond.
It happened to me before but I updated the server and the client and the problem was solved, now I updated to the latest version but it is still freezing, any idea what could it be?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sid5632
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: The client is frozen  [SOLVED]

Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:05 am

It's an off-by-one type bug in the Dude which seems to cause it to attempt to poll 4.29G services (4.29G being -1 as a unsigned number).
It's been reported many times but MikroTik do nothing about it (nor about any other bugs in the Dude).
You can temporarily cure it by deleting the device and then use the Undo button to restore it.
This seems to fix whatever internal state corruption has happened. Until it happens the next time...

cristian1986
just joined
Topic Author

Re: The client is frozen

Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:03 am

It's an off-by-one type bug in the Dude which seems to cause it to attempt to poll 4.29G services (4.29G being -1 as a unsigned number).
It's been reported many times but MikroTik do nothing about it (nor about any other bugs in the Dude).
You can temporarily cure it by deleting the device and then use the Undo button to restore it.
This seems to fix whatever internal state corruption has happened. Until it happens the next time...
Thanks sid5632, with your method you can solve the freezing of the dude.
regards

Micropower

Re: The client is frozen

Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:02 am

* BLESS YOU... * This has been a disaster. taken off years of ones life . I would gladly pay for this program if it was supported.