Community discussions

MikroTik App

zimzum
just joined
Topic Author

The Dude Client 6.46.4 Only Works on Linux

Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:30 am

I have always used dude to monitor my network, as I have seen that it was not possible to monitor 6.46.4 router os from the version it had (6.44) I have decided to update it, however right now after updating, updated windows clients do not connect, they stay in the "getting stuff" state and do not go from there, however the clients in WINE start without problem.
I have tried different versions of windows, (7, 8, 10) and in all cases the same.
I have tried clean installs, changing the destination directory of the dude, but nothing makes the client work on windows.

What I can do?

Thank you.

EDIT:
I need to say that in a machine with windows 7 after 15 minutes it has entered and now if I close and open it enters quickly without problems. In case it can serve as a clue ...
In a new ubuntu installation it doesn't work either

This new version use more resources¿?

I come back to 6.45.8 LTS and all Works Fine and Fast.

zimzum
just joined
Topic Author

Re: The Dude Client 6.46.4 Only Works on Linux  [SOLVED]

Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:47 pm

I answer to myself:

Finally it seems that version 6.46.4 consumes much more resources than version 6.45.8 so it was due to lack of power in the server so they did not boot the clients, I understand that linux clients have better cached the client than in windows, because in windows it ended up loading slowly.