Community discussions

MikroTik App

havaspeter
just joined
Topic Author

Unwanted admin user

Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:39 am

Dear Sirs!

We want to use the Dude for monitoring our network. We intalled a CHR on a VM, created a "dude" user, started the service. Intalled a Dude client on a windows PC, login with dude user,
started a discovery. I think everything was ok till this point.
After a while we found an error message on the discovered networks router: "login failure for user admin from <our dude server IP address> via winbox"
To get rid of this error message, we deleted the admin user from dude server, we deleted the admin panel from dude client, so tried to do everything to remove
all admin things.
Unfortunatelly, the error message still appear on the router, so we assume that there is a Dude specific admin user and we need some help to clarify this phenomenon
and get rid of this error message.

Many thanks,
Peter

sid5632
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Unwanted admin user

Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:37 pm

You need to change the Settings for the Discovered Network's Router object on the client.

havaspeter
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:22 pm

Hi sid5632,

If you mean that -> on dude windows client -> local map -> network router -> double click -> general sheet -> user name: admin, pw: ******,
we changed it, but the error message still apears.
Now I changed the user to "dude" on the discovered network's router as well as on the dude client and I checked tree times the passwords,
but the error message still remains, but now: "login failure for user dude from <our dude server IP address> via winbox"

So the problem isn't solved just changed, unfortunatelly.

Many thanks,
Peter

havaspeter
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:28 pm

It seems, the problem is solved. We have to tick the winbox option also in the user/ group policies.

Even though, the Dude userguide doesn't write it.