Community discussions

MikroTik App

LordNikkon
just joined
Topic Author

The dude causing reboot of RB4011

Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:14 pm

Hello all,

I have RB4011 with ROS 6.45.5. I also run The Dude on it to monitor less than 30 devices. I have problem that after few hours of running The Dude router is rebooting. It look like i push reboot button. After all i have info in my log that "router was rebooted without proper shutdown" which is not true because i didn't touch anything.

I created SUP (ticket) and Support recommended me to send device to my seller for RMA. I did it and i got brand new unit. I restore everything and BANG! again reboot afeter few hours (it was 4 as i remeber).

When i switched off The dude (disable) router works rock solid. Database of my dude is only 17 MB.

Any suggestions?

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: The dude causing reboot of RB4011

Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:52 pm

If that happened, i do not know how, but lets say that dude does that, you wouldn't get "router was rebooted without proper shutdown" but just a "router rebooted"...
The message you get means that the router neither was rebooted normally or shutdown through it's menu but that it lost power....

LordNikkon
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:20 pm

I know that. That's why it's so strange. When i disabled The dude server - everything works ok.

I used eth1 24V PoE, also i used included AC/DC adapter and even Ubiquiti 24V PoE adapter - always the same. Even i powerd up RB4011 (old one and new one) via PoE and AC/DC adapter via UPS.

Now i migrated The Dude to HexS router with external USB. We will see. Old unit which i sent for RMA was checked and they said it's not problem with power. My other rack devices work ok for many weeks and using same power source.

If The Dude will work ok on HexS (mMIPS) i will mean that it's some bug in ARM devices. If it will reboot i next 72 hours it will mean that Dude or my configuration is wrong, but hoestly i don't know what i could do wrong in Dude to make it rebooting. It looks like fatal error with memory or hardware, but it's just guessing.

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:18 am

If that happened, i do not know how, but lets say that dude does that, you wouldn't get "router was rebooted without proper shutdown" but just a "router rebooted"...
The message you get means that the router neither was rebooted normally or shutdown through it's menu but that it lost power....
No, it can mean that the Dude outright crashed ROS. That's not a proper shutdown either.

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:30 am

Then why Dude does not crash the other 30 devices? It chose just to crash the 4011 ?
The other 30 do not use ROS @macsrwe ?

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:49 am

Then why Dude does not crash the other 30 devices? It chose just to crash the 4011 ?

The Dude is executing only on the 4011, isn't it? Or did I misunderstand the original post? It's comparatively unlikely that the Dude would be crashing a machine other than the one it's running on.

LordNikkon
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:14 am

Hi,

I check and as I can see HexS with database which was previouslly installed on RB4011 working witout any issue over 48hours. RB4011 uptime is only 4h 05 min so it's mean that it crush during night when i was sleeping - nothin in the log.

Right now I removed Dude software form router and all remaining files. We will see.

To be honest i'm using a lot of Mikrotik devices in my network (more than 100) and only RB4011 cause such problems. With RB3011 no issues at all. CCR and RB750/RB760 also fine and they working very hard in in really hard conditions. RB4011 works in cabinet in air contion room (18-19 deg) with stable power of 238-240V.

I asked my friend who is really good with Mikrotik (why smarter than me) and he check config two times, put on another Mikrotik device. No issue at all. Only script which i using on my routers are for sending backup at 3 am to external server.

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:31 pm

The Dude is executing only on the 4011, isn't it? Or did I misunderstand the original post? It's comparatively unlikely that the Dude would be crashing a machine other than the one it's running on.
You are right, my mistake ....

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:15 pm

No hard feelings, thanks for all your work.