Community discussions

MikroTik App

leemel
just joined
Topic Author

The Dude server on linux without wine

Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:31 am

I don't understand it, your router software is all linux based yet your monitoring software only runs on windows natively. Why haven't you ported or made a linux based server yet. Wine is ok but my servers don't run X-windows. A native daemon that runs as a service without the need for Xwindows would be great. Intermapper runs that way. Linux and Windows clients to attach to to a linux based dude server would be sweet. I am sure nothing to going to come of this for reading the message boards shows a lot of people interested in a Linux server but after all this time still nothing. To bad the software is pretty sweet, but....

bartmarian
just joined

Re: The Dude server on linux without wine

Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:09 am

dude-server-linux... :(

arE

Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:23 pm

Very good idea.

ste
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:22 pm

I don't understand it, your router software is all linux based yet your monitoring software only runs on windows natively. Why haven't you ported or made a linux based server yet. Wine is ok but my servers don't run X-windows. A native daemon that runs as a service without the need for Xwindows would be great. Intermapper runs that way. Linux and Windows clients to attach to to a linux based dude server would be sweet. I am sure nothing to going to come of this for reading the message boards shows a lot of people interested in a Linux server but after all this time still nothing. To bad the software is pretty sweet, but....
As I understand you can run dude server on a Routerboard with the newest betas.
Why not simple put a RB500 in a corner and run Dude Server on it.
It's cheaper than Intermapper anyway :wink:.

Stefan

steamrunner
just joined

Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:31 am

Yeah, dude server on linux (native) would be my number one feature request too...
S.