Community discussions

MikroTik App

tspascoal
Topic Author

RouterOS in bridge mode is not recognized

Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:28 pm

I cannot make the dude connect to a routeros in bridge mode.

It is discovered without issues, it just can't connect to it to gather data in routeros mode.

Maybe the problem is more generic, since the Web UI is not available either and I can only connect to it using winbox via the mac address (but not the IP) which is also a big nuissance.

Any Tips?

Thank you

vecernik87
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: RouterOS in bridge mode is not recognized

Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:33 pm

Well, you answered your problem - if the router does not have IP, then it can't be reached by TheDude.
I don't think anyone can give you any better advice, because you might have no IP on purpose. If you could share your network topology, it would help to understand and possibly overcome the trouble.

RouterOS can have IP no matter in what mode it is. Even bridge mode supports IP, but it will depend on your ISP and whole network setup, if that won't interfere with something else. In the worst case, you can always set a bridge NAT and "hack" it in a way to forcibly capture packets, even though they are not destined to your router.

tspascoal
Topic Author

Re: RouterOS in bridge mode is not recognized

Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:11 pm

But the router does have an IP, I just can't connect to it (either via winbox or webfig).

Bridge mode is only on the internal network.

Let's see if I can make a simple diagram
ISP <-----> 951G-2HnD <-----> RB260GSP <----|--> HEX (router mode, separate network address)
                                             |--> hAp

Since the render is probably going to get screwed, the hAp is conneted to the switch not to the hex)
There are some other powerline attached devides, but they are irrelevant

It is the hAp i can't connect via it's IP address.

It surely has an IP address, it can see it on the leases assigned by 951G-2HnD, I can even ping it. Just can't connect to it

What an idiot, as i was writing these and just wrote "surely it's not a FW rule" I went and doublecheck and IT WAS a firewall rule.

Thank you looking at this and sorry for wasting your time. :(