Community discussions

MikroTik App

rgroothuis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Dude setup and device status keeps/stays Unknown

Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:18 pm

I'm setting up the Dude server/monitor system to monitor my wAP access points. There is one AP that keeps the status "Unknown". I don't understand why. I've compared all the settings with the other AP's and I cannot find a difference. What is determining the Status result? Which test needs to be passed to make the status set to Up?
Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 17.14.07.png
The login name/password is correct, that is something I can see in the log file on the AP. And the other filled in fields show that the Dude can make a connection.

Suggestions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

inteq

Re: Dude setup and device status keeps/stays Unknown

Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:19 pm

Which service is being monitored on the 172.19.3.249 wAP?
if ping, can you ping it from the dude server?
The agent is correctly setup for it?

rgroothuis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:54 pm

Which service is being monitored on the 172.19.3.249 wAP?
if ping, can you ping it from the dude server?
The agent is correctly setup for it?
Thanks for the feedback. The wAP is identically setup as the other wAP’s in the network. The other ones show status Up.
Yes, i can ping (ip and mac) the wAP, I can WinBox into the device. Netwatch shows the device to be up.

What do you mean with “the agent is correctly setup for it?’ on the Dude server? Or on the wAP?

What test causes the status to be set to Up?

inteq

Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:08 am

The agent is setup on The Dude server for each device.
What test causes the status to be set to Up?: the service status being monitored on each device. For example ping.
You said the two wAPs are setup identically. By any chance you copied the config from one to the other? If so, check if wAPs have the same MACs on monitored interfaces. Happens when the config is copied without resetting the MAC.

rgroothuis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:48 pm

The agent is setup on The Dude server for each device.
What test causes the status to be set to Up?: the service status being monitored on each device. For example ping.
You said the two wAPs are setup identically. By any chance you copied the config from one to the other? If so, check if wAPs have the same MACs on monitored interfaces. Happens when the config is copied without resetting the MAC.
It was not a real copy and past type activity, so the two AP's are NOT using the same MAC addresses. From the Dude server I can IP/MAC ping the device, I can telnet into the device and I can see in the log file of the AP that the Admin can login into the device. Still a bit puzzled why this device shows status: "Unknown" and the other 10 AP's show status "Up".

rgroothuis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

[Solved] Re: Dude setup and device status keeps/stays Unknown  [SOLVED]

Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:09 pm

Found the solution myself. The services tab page was empty, so there was not something that the Dude server could check/test on. I presses the "Discover" button and the services were automatically filled in. Now the status is shown as Up.
Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 13.05.46.png
Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 13.05.55.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

inteq

Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:46 pm

"What test causes the status to be set to Up?: the service status being monitored on each device. For example ping."
Thank God you "Found the solution myself".