Community discussions

MikroTik App

PennStater
just joined
Topic Author

Email Notification Oddity

Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:19 pm

Hello,

I have email notifications being sent to my cell phone for when network devices go down. The notifications do work. However, they only work for going from down to up. I have the check mark selected for both down > up and up > down. The down to up works fine, but I never seem to get the up to down notifications. Pretty useless if you don't find out something was down until it's already back up!! Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening, or has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks.

winkelman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Email Notification Oddity

Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:12 pm

Hello,

I have email notifications being sent to my cell phone for when network devices go down. The notifications do work. However, they only work for going from down to up. I have the check mark selected for both down > up and up > down. The down to up works fine, but I never seem to get the up to down notifications. Pretty useless if you don't find out something was down until it's already back up!! Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening, or has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks.
Perhaps also tick "unstable to down", cause if you monitor multiple services on a device, it's likely that the Dude will go from "up" to "unstable" to "down" (and perhaps vice versa).

PennStater
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:20 pm

I'll give that a shot, thanks.

PennStater
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:13 pm

It looks like this fixed the problem. Thanks for the advice. 8)