Community discussions

MikroTik App

antefe
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

e-mail alert

Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:23 pm

I've setup "the Dude" to send e-mail alerts when an internet connection of my client is down. I'm checking the internet connections by pinging the addresses. When my internet connection fails, i get flooded with e-mails that all the other connection are down. is there a way to correct that?

VTWifiGuy
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: e-mail alert

Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:03 am

Get a better internet provider? Joking. You need to set the dude up to watch something that will prove your internet is working. Like set up your dns server with a lookup to mikrotik.com as the only service and say name it office internet. Then go to all the client routers and set them to have a parent called office internet that way if office internet dies they will all become unknown status and go gray and you wont get notified. Is that making sense?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:04 am

I think you need to set up dependencies, so that The Dude knows that if this one goes down, then the rest of the devices behind it also are not reachable. See map layer "dependencies" and set it up there.

antefe
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:58 pm

Thanks a lot. the truth is i don't know how to do what you've told me, but now i know what i'm looking for. Thank again, i'll come back with a walkthrough if i manage to configure it.

antefe
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:45 pm

i did what VTWifiGuy suggested and i works fine. i;m still trying to find out the way normis suggested, but it sound like its out of my league! thanks a lot to both of you.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:47 am

You choose the Dependencies layer, and add the arrows according to how your connections work. Then, dude will know that you have 10 devices behind the failed router, and will not notify you about them.
depe1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.