Community discussions

MikroTik App

beerfiend
Topic Author

Tools for the Dude

Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:36 am

I'v ebeen looking and so far have not been able to find any really good Custom tools for the dude. i'm a bit new to this but it seems that i should be able to launch an application from within the program. the specific app i'm trying to employ is pslist.exe from sysinternals. i'm trying to list the current process ID's list from a remote machine. this application does it, and i'm trying to incorporate it into dude, as i have not found any other way of doing so. problem is i call the app and it runs, but from within the dude it will not create the text file it's supposed to. Or if anyone's got a good way of doing this i'm all ears. seems like a great program but the documentation is really lacking.

thanks.

p.s. i'm not real great when it comes to scripting so if i'm missing something totally obviouse by all means

keith
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Tools for the Dude

Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:29 pm

I made it work by creating a batch file and running that as a tool.

1. create a batch file called pslist.bat that has the following line
@echo off
pslist.exe %1 > %1process.txt (or whatever you want the text file to be)

2. Create a tool that has the following

pslist.bat <<insert variable>> and insert the Device.name variable

This worked for me but I have the computer names in the device name field. I did not try it with ip addresses

beerfiend
Topic Author

Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:01 am

still no luck. does it matter that i'm running the dude as a service on a server, and then runnign a client on my computer. where does the tool run form the server or my computer. what type of scripting are these tools done in anyway? I appreciate the help. i'll keep dinking with it.

keith
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:11 pm

I don't know if you are still working on this or not. I played with it some more (after i recovered my dude from a user error). I have dude running on an xp machine which is where i create the tools. When I connected to the dude server (xpmachine) from a vista machine and looked at the tools it looks like they are stored and run locally. So if you want to use the tools my guess is you have to either copy the tools to any machine that you wuold run dude on as a client or put your tools on a shared drive and refer to them using unc's