Community discussions

MikroTik App

notti73
just joined
Topic Author

Polling (SNMP, Ping etc.) seems to hang

Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:30 pm

Hello together,

We run The Dude 2.2 for a customer as service on a remote machine (Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 Standard x64 Edition with Intel Xeon CPU 5140 2,33 GHz and 4 GB RAM) connected with two Gigabit Ethernet IF, both with fixed IPs, one connected to the Internet (via Firewall, of course), the other one connected to the Management Network of the network which is monitored by The Dude. Several Dude clients access the server via both interfaces without problems. Firewall on the internet IF is configured accordingly.

Obviously the polling (or at least some of the polls) of the network elements starts to hang in non periodical time steps. Then we do not receive outage alarms and color change of the concerned network elements (which is quite serious!) and on the snmp side no values are displayed resp. the values keep the same, which is not so serious but you don't recognize the problem (network size is about 800 network elements, about 140 submaps and I don't know at the moment) how many links.

Restarting the service or the whole machine, restarts the Pollings for a unknown period of time, but the SNMP polling has to be restarted then by opening the Settings->SNMP tab for each device! Very inconveniently as you may imagine! Needs a lot of time!

Does anyone know a solution for this problem(s)?

Thanx

Gernot

:(

frogale
just joined

Re: Polling (SNMP, Ping etc.) seems to hang

Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:25 pm

Try this..
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19536
You can try use Find button before posting new thread.. 8)

notti73
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Polling (SNMP, Ping etc.) seems to hang

Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:46 am

Hello frogale,

as you might seen in my thread, I've used the find button sevreal 100 times already, nevertheless thank you. Restarting the service periodically does not help us, because all the time we have to reimplement the snmp stuff, which needs a long time ....

Someone a better problem solving on the hand?

Gernot