Personally I'm afraid there are a couple too much bugs in the new version..
- the background image defaults to a random image The Dude finds, occasionally screwing up maps.
- within the listing of images, most of them appear twice, except for a few new ones.
- the icons of the devices disappear (and some of them default to 60% or something).
- the small border line that clearly outlined the device is gone (on a white background you now hardly notice gradients..)
- On Windows XP SP2 (Dutch) The Dude 3b8 crashed after importing the backup from 3b7 and then enter/adjust settings
- (no offense:) translation into Dutch could be better
- when entering the overview of the devices, The Dude (both 3b7 and 3b8) go beserk and start somekind of flashing when you've got a lot of different devices.. this hangs both versions.
- occasionally outages won't show up
- don't know about you, but I kinda 'hate' it I can't adjust and/or delete built-in things like probes etc.
- I would like to see that an unused link (SNMP kind) stops displaying Interface.INbitrate or something like that, but instead it would be most pleasurable when it would mention something 0 bps..
I've to admit that I've seen a couple of interesting new features, see the feature list of Normis for 3b8, but for now I rolled back to 3b7, imported the backup and am up-and-running smoothly with this version (known bugs being ignored that is).
I'm looking forward for 3b9 (of whatever next version you can come up with..
) and hope for improvements!