Community discussions

MikroTik App

LDSYSTEMS
just joined
Topic Author

Map elements randomly added in from other maps

Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:38 pm

I'm using the The Dude v3.0 Beta 8, and I have a couple weird problems:

1) On one map, I have all servers and the user workstations at one location - I've turned off all monitoring of the workstations, but 4 of them refuse to stay off.... after a short while, ping monitoring is re-enabled on the same 4 workstations.... It got so annoying that I just removed the workstations entirely. The state of the "lock icon" made no difference - this happened if it was depressed or not.

2) I have several maps - one for each storefront site of one of my clients. Randomly, the entire contents of the first map (the largest) will get added onto of the other maps... This is even more annoying. Again, the "lock icon" does not stop this from happening.

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Map elements randomly added in from other maps

Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:14 pm

In Beta8 I have the same issue. I am trying to understand why this happens but I believe that you should not be able to modify a network for a different map from the settings from the current map. For example on map1 has net1 192.168.1.0/24 and map2 has net2 192.168.2.0/24. If you go to map2 then click on Settings, General and modify the network scan for net1 that is for map1 it will discover devices from map1 and place them on map2.

This is really the only part about The Dude I really hate. It might be a deal breaker for me since I have to have other people using it and they will need to be able to add networks to their new maps with out screwing up other maps.

What it needs to have is only list the network for the current map in the settings for the network map you are on. I bet it is a bug... where do I submit bugs?

Thanks,
Joe

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:18 pm

I thought the lock icon was only for keeping items from being moved around on a given map?

One thing you can do is once you discover everything you want to discover then just disable those networks from running discover.

As for disable ping of a device you can select the device settings and services and disable ping there but I think it would be better to modify the device type and place a check on the services you want to ignore.

CGirardy
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:17 am

That's what I'm referring to here : http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26202

That's the most annoying thing in Thedude.....
PLEASE... Release source code to the community and start developing The Dude again....
PLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (big cry for help :))