Community discussions

MikroTik App

conjurer
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

dude crashes with to big database

Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:29 pm

I had a problem this morning. I imported a database from x86 px to RB450. That was stupid, i know, but the worst, was that router rebooted after 10 seconds, everytyme it begins to work. I know that it can't handle all that big dude database.
The problem is, that its hard to fix it. Simply by disabling dude package and rebooting led nowhere. I crashed on "stoping services..." (connected by serial cable). Router bios also was useless.
I reseted configuration, and rebooted, and somehow it worked after 2-5 minutes.
Su the problem is you cant control dude from terminal or winbox. I would like to see simple things like disable dude, or reset database, or something like database management, in terminal, somewhere in tool section.
Or something like safe mode, where you can disable packages, and run system with "routerboard" and "system" packages only.
Thanks for reading.

janwschut
just joined

Re: dude crashes with to big database

Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:36 am

I had a problem this morning. I imported a database from x86 px to RB450. That was stupid, i know, but the worst, was that router rebooted after 10 seconds, everytyme it begins to work. I know that it can't handle all that big dude database.
The problem is, that its hard to fix it. Simply by disabling dude package and rebooting led nowhere. I crashed on "stoping services..." (connected by serial cable). Router bios also was useless.
I reseted configuration, and rebooted, and somehow it worked after 2-5 minutes.
Su the problem is you cant control dude from terminal or winbox. I would like to see simple things like disable dude, or reset database, or something like database management, in terminal, somewhere in tool section.
Or something like safe mode, where you can disable packages, and run system with "routerboard" and "system" packages only.
Thanks for reading.

Hi, you can control dude from terminal
[admin@MikroTik] /system package>
Type ?, and you will see what is possible.
just disable dude and reboot!
Happy?

conjurer
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: dude crashes with to big database

Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:03 pm

errm..
Simply by disabling dude package and rebooting led nowhere. I crashed on "stoping services..." (connected by serial cable)
I allready said, that was imposible. I know that i can disable or remove packages, but thats not real control.
Better tell me the way to force kill or something.