http://www.mikrotik.com/download.html

Minollie
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: The Dude 3 RC2

Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:59 pm

Hi Normis,

Question from me here..

Is one of the unnamed bug fixes the fact that some virussoftware detect it to be a trojan/virus?
It would be very convenient for a lot of us, if that's the case.

BTW:
I don't know if anyone mentioned this little bug I run into with RC1:
when right-clicking a device, tools > ping The Dude just a little to regular crashes.

Anyway, for the rest:
Thank you big time for The Dude. Even though it needs more finetuning I gather it's one of the better networkmonitoring tools available and it's free, that's a very big plus.. ;)

Regards,
Minollie

andreacoppini
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:13 pm

brilliant! background image bug fixed... :)

andreacoppini
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:59 pm

... and web server broken.. can't connect not even locally both using http and https.

Tried with:
Windows Vista > New Install, Reset Configuration
Windows 2003 > In-place upgrade from RC1

Minollie
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:22 pm

Same here,

Webserver is now broken, not responding on any assigned port (neither HTTP of HTTPS).
Tried to connect with several different browsers, devices running XP (SP1/SP2) and 2003, all attempts failed.
Even tried a re-install of The Dude 3.0 rc 2, but no help here. :'(
Ping hanging problem appears to be gone, but I keep you posted just in case.

Regards,
Minollie

sytex
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:43 pm

Has anyone figured out, how to download and install the dude to a PC where NOD32 is running?

andreacoppini
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:59 pm

Has anyone figured out, how to download and install the dude to a PC where NOD32 is running?
I'm running McAfee so it does not give me any Virus warnings, but one way to get it working with an anti virus which reports it as a false positive is to temporarily disable NOD while you download the file, then install the program. Once installed, configure an 'exclusion' in your antivirus to exclude dude.exe (or the whole Dude folder) from antivirus checking.

Minollie
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:18 pm

Hi all,

As for the false positive of virusscanners I can tell McAfee didn't and doesn't report it as a false positive.
At home, where I use aVast!, I've to try to install 3.0 RC 2 and find out what aVast! thinks about The Dude then..
I'll get back on this, but I'm not sure how soon that will be..

Regards,
Minollie

analog

Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:14 pm

I can confirm Avast thinks dude.exe contains a trojan. To get around, I just exclude The Dude's program folder. But this causes problems for the Clients also. My partner's AVG8 nailed it too.

I can also confirm the background image bug is fixed for me. A big thanks for that quick fix guys!

Also, happy to report I no longer have to restart The Dude service every 4 hours to prevent my entire network as showing down in The Dude.

chimaster
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:08 am

Thanks guys!

Great to see another release of the Dude. I don't know where'd I'd be without him.

cvaleriy
just joined

Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:58 am

Server configuration/Polling/Probe Down Count
Selecting numbers ? Choose "2" - count is 10 ???

cvaleriy
just joined

Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:03 am

I migrate from RC1, where is my services ? Add new device, discover some services... Panel Services is clean.
Possible it actual for RC1, which I migrate from beta8.

HMP-Watcher
just joined

Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:33 am

Great Job.

Everything I use is working again. I really miss the outline function on the MAP.

RC2 also loads and performs faster with the 9 agents I have. Average bandwidth utilization 150 - 200 kbps.

COOL

Minollie
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:27 pm

Hi guys,

Getting back to my post about aVast!..

As far as I know for now, aVast! does no longer detect The Dude as a possible trojan, this is as of 09-09-'08.
But..., since RC1 was detected as trojan couple of days after release I think it's a very good idea to prevent jumping to conclusions and wait another week for we say aVast! and The Dude no longer bite eachother.. (or better, aVast! doesn't bite The Dude..)

Regards,
Minollie

Minollie
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:19 am

Hi guys,

I should have kept my mouth tightly shut.. *stupid me!*
aVast! 080910-0, 10/09/2008 again detects The Dude 3 RC 2 to be infected with the same generic trojan as 3 RC 1.
After some snooping around I've received the point I've started to believe it's the Dude client which is 'infected'.
aVast! goes beserk when I go to The Dude in my Start Menu and the server process seems to be still running..
You might be unable to use the server now, since the client might not be started anymore and the webserver is broken..

Maybe good for reference purposes: The Dude 3 beta 8 was OK, aVast! didn't see anything wrong with that version.

Good luck in finding the problem guys!

Regards,
Minollie

tomekmak

Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:20 am

"Virus bug" still exists.

I've tried AVG, AVAST and many more, and i still can't use dude 3 rc2.

Now after i uninstalled an antivir program, dude instaling, but i can't run the program...

wtb fix :-)

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:21 am

try to submit the Dude.exe to AVG for analysis (there is such option in AVG's History menu) and see what they say. If all of you do it, they might as well explain which part was suspicious, or even remove it from virus DB

Minollie
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:29 pm

Hi Normis,

I made a little mistake about The Dude's server component being OK.
Shortly after posting my previous post this to did no longer work.
In short: The Dude 3.0 rc2 is detected as a Trojan by aVast!

Since I didn't get a response of them to an earlier mail about the detection to be considered as a false positive I just send an email to another email-address of theirs hoping they will get to it now..
I keep you posted as good and as often as needed whether or not aVast! gets this fixed.

Regards,

Minollie

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:33 pm

We made RC3, which now looks like is improved in this area. At least AVG doesn't complain anymore. We will test with NOD too

edit: newest NOD32 update didn't find any viruses in any of the recent Dude versions :-/

Minollie
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:03 pm

Hi Normis,

I just received the answer below from aVast!.

===
Dear ----,
thank you for notice us to the false alarm. It will be fixed in the next virus database update. Sorry for the problem.

--
Regards,

Karel Divis
Virus analyst
Alwil software
===

I'll keep you posted about any problems concerning aVast! and The Dude, hopefully any future release of The Dude will no longer be detected as a potential threat, it's kinda irritating isn't it? ;)

Regards,
Minollie

stmx38
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:29 pm

normis
add please possibility to check Device with 2 interface in single Device. :(

thks.

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:36 pm

I have the dude rc2 installed on the same server that Ciscoworks is installed on and with rc1 I could not get to the Ciscoworks web page, The Dude web page would show up even though Ciscoworks is on an entirely different port, 1741...

Since rc2 you can't get to The Dude web page I can now get to Ciscworks again. More proof that the web server is definatly not working correctly in rc2.

I have not used The Dude web page much so I don't know if I care that it is not there... But it would be nice to get it fixed correctly. It should not respond for ports it is not configured for.

I am still testing The Dude but it would be very nice if it lived happily with Ciscoworks on the same server. I suppose I can stick with rc2 forever :) depending...

Thanks again for the great tool!
Sweet!

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:12 pm

Web server is fixed on 3.0rc3 version.
Do you use web-browser to access your second application ?
I'm trying to access Dude server with web-browser, it's working only with port 80, other ports don't respond to Dude request. If you disable Web server for Dude, Dude login page isn't shown anymore.

boardman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:10 am

Mmmh ... I guess web server still not working at least not for me.... it worked for about half an hour after that .... Error 504: failed to connect to server (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx): Connection timed out

boardman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:30 am

Mmmh ... I guess web server still not working at least not for me.... it worked for about half an hour after that .... Error 504: failed to connect to server (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx): Connection timed out
This is for RC3

If a new log is created "Syslog" , port 514 enabled on Syslog settings, syslog rules created: (As per example on wiki: http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Dude_como_Servidor_Syslog)

1- The Dude does not collect syslog messages (I use kiwi on the same server on port 515 and it works perfect, Dude on port 514 does not)

2- After a few minutes CPU goes to the sky and everything star to fail, the Dude can not even ping to himself (On the Dude panel) on a Command prompt screen no problem.

Any ideas?

Jorge Boardman

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:03 am

For your question
Do you use web-browser to access your second application ?
Yes, I only tried Maxthon but I can try others if RC3 interferes with Ciscoworks. I will test RC3. I can easily stop the dude when I need Ciscoworks if it interferes...

I have mentioned this before that copying objects does strange things this was in rc2 and in beta8. Create a copy of an object that has a link to another object and paste it onto another map the label of the link between the devices shows up in the top left hand corner.

Another copy weirdness was if you look at the attached image the 5 T1s were all copies of the first one. When selecting which t1 on each copy I could not get t1/0 to appear on the correct one. It was on t2/0. Even going into the links and choosing the correct T1 did not fix it. I had to delete all copies of the link and manually create each one. It is not a big deal since things are easy enough to build... Did copy and paste get looked at for RC3?
copies.jpg
Thanks,
SWEET!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ferry
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:58 am

just pass.. why i install dude 3.0 rc1 & rc2, both of them is suspected a virus by avg, can anybody told me? thx

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:48 am

false alert, there is no virus.

Minollie
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:31 pm

Hi guys,

I'm pretty glad to report that ever since I received that email from aVast! support about fixing the false positive on The Dude (3 rc1, 3 rc2), I didn't have any other problems anymore with running The Dude 3 rc2 together with aVast!.

When starting 3 rc2 client on my laptop, it immediately asked whether or not I might want to upgrade it to 3 rc3 (which is on my other device), after doing so, I didn't receive any warnings of aVast! and that's going on for over a week now.

Regards,
Minollie

cvaleriy
just joined

Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:05 am

I migrate from RC1, where is my services ? Add new device, discover some services... Panel Services is clean.
Possible it actual for RC1, which I migrate from beta8.

Solved. My mistake. Go to Services, in checkbox "Map" select "All".

analog

Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:57 pm

Also, happy to report I no longer have to restart The Dude service every 4 hours to prevent my entire network as showing down in The Dude.
Running RC3, I am starting to see random devices report down when they really aren't. Re-probing them immediately shows them up. It appears this problem isn't completely solved.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:03 am

maybe service is instable, increase the timeout that distinguishes online/offline services

analog

Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:29 pm

I have Nagios monitoring the same network, with more paranoid settings (shorter timeouts to determine something is down), and it does not alert.

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:54 am

I have seen the reporting show something is down when it is not also... Mostly service disk and virtual memory. RC2

riku
just joined

Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:01 pm

the dude rc3 server side is not working at linux. client is just trying to connect.

Pikoro
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:51 am

Along with syslog not working, it appears that email notifications do not send to the CC addresses. only the primary email address goes through