Community discussions

MikroTik App

djben
just joined
Topic Author

few brief questions...command line, silent deploy?

Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:09 pm

I did some light searching so forgive me if I'm missing the relevant posts that I missed.

* Silent Deployment
* Command-line options

I've just 'discovered' Dude today and it's quite an impressive piece of software.

Sparing additional detail, my goal would be to automate the deployment of dude to a target machine, start it, and automatically export a standard network map.

From the looks of it this may not be currently possible but I figured I would post to be sure and perhaps find out if these would be worth voting for as feature requests. In the mean time, I'll otherwise be looking at where Dude stores it's configuration (file system, registry) to see if I can automate the process of placing the binaries on a machine and creating the necessary registry/file configuration so it can be started automatically and then run as a system service (regmon, filemon come to mind as tools I'll try to use for this)...

Thanks for any comments you guys may have to offer and thanks to the Mikrotik team for making such cool software :)

Ben

sady
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: few brief questions...command line, silent deploy?

Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:59 pm

*silent deploy:
create .msi file from it, and install it by Microsoft standart mechanism

p.s. dude store all data in c:\program files\dude. Regestry doesn't used
Please, please, Open Dude Source! Pleaaaaseeeee!!!!!

djben
just joined
Topic Author

Re: few brief questions...command line, silent deploy?

Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:40 am

I've got it silenty deployed, that was simple enough.

It looks like the configuration / database isnt open for modification, I guess I'll wait to see if command line / configuration files are available in a future release.

Again, the dude ROCKS.... i can't wait to introduce this to more people :)

Ben