Community discussions

MikroTik App

sky
Topic Author

The dude shows some services wrong

Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:01 pm

Hello!

I'm using The Dude 2.2 for my network monitoring. And seems that Dude shows incorrectly some services running on devices.
All my devices (mickrotik, linux-based servers) have following services: ssh, telnet, web. Some of them also have https, dns, etc. And all of them reply to ping.

The problem is that The Dude shows some services as unstable (usually ssh, telnet, web). Usually it shows ssh as orange, and telnet/web as red. But really services are ok. I can connect to web, ssh, etc. Also, The Dude shows ping service correctly.

Maybe the reason is that network is too big, about 200 devices? And links between devices are up to 400 km? But, anyway, i can connect to any device via web or ssh normally...

Anybody knows solution? Cos ping is not enough for me, i'd like to monitor other services too.
keep smiling

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: The dude shows some services wrong

Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:30 pm

You could check the timeout of the services and see if increasing the timeout resolves the issue... I mostly don't monitor servers and remove services that I don't want monitored. Also I don't use autodiscovery at all.