Community discussions

MikroTik App

zazumc
just joined
Topic Author

Dude Upgrade problem on RouterOS

Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:05 pm

Had Dude running great on RouterOS (3.17) on a PC. Upgraded to Dude 3.1 and all images and text are now gone. Upgraded to RouterOS 3.18 hoping it would help and no go. Uninstalled and reinstalled Dude and also no luck. The maps are there, everything is there, but there's no longer any text or images.

Help please??

Thanks for the GREAT product by the way!!!

airstream
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Dude Upgrade problem on RouterOS

Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:03 am

Had Dude running great on RouterOS (3.17) on a PC. Upgraded to Dude 3.1 and all images and text are now gone. Upgraded to RouterOS 3.18 hoping it would help and no go. Uninstalled and reinstalled Dude and also no luck. The maps are there, everything is there, but there's no longer any text or images.

Help please??

Thanks for the GREAT product by the way!!!
I am seeing the exact same thing here, Dude 3.1 wont show device names etc just a green dot for the device and a line for a link.

Norman
just joined

Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:07 am

Same setup, same problem.

First we upgraded to 3.0 and noticed that all icons had lost their settings. Reset this and pointed them back to their respective images.

Today we upgraded to 3.1. Fonts and all images in the image folder on dude-server is gone.
Solution was to install one computer with dude client + server packages.
Then open dude, connect to our routerOS dude server. Upload fonts from data folder in C:\Program\Dude\data\files to dude files

then upload the images from C:\Program\Dude\data\files\images to dude files.

If image folder exists, remove it.
We had an issue where dude crashed (client) when creating images/ and then uploading first file.
What we did was just drop in rest of files under that folder. Then remove the first file and replace it.

Finally then reset device types with their replaced images.

Did the same with mibs/ folder to fix snmp issues.

tete

Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:10 am

I have had the same problem.

I had ROS 3.17 and Dude 3.0 working good on a Routerboard.

I upgraded simultaneusly to ROS 3.18 and Dude 3.1. I have lost the Images and Titles.

I am just trying the previous solution. I will report the status.

Greetings

sytex
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:59 am

1, Make an export from 3.0
2, Upgrade dude (if you start it now the images and texts are gone)
3, DON'T PANIC
4, Feed the export to the new dude
5, Enjoy using this great software

Edit: Between step1 and step2 I made a ROS upgrade 3.17->3.18 too

tete

Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:28 pm

The problem is what to do with the failed maps.

I have installed another Dude and export the fonts. It works but in the link Speed tag appears "invalid oid (invalid oid) invalid oid" in the top of the tags.

UPDATE: In the link tags appears too a " (0 bps)" just after each speed value.

UPDATE 2: I have uploaded the Dude via MIBs import the 3.0 mibs and the problems went out. Now is all running good.

Greetings

RFischer

Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:54 am

I have the same problem. Noticed it first with upgrade to 3.0 on a system that was not used much. Upgrade on main system to 3.0 did NOT fail. Just updated to 3.1 on both system's hoping the original problem would go away. Now both are missing all the images and text.

Before I upgraded the "working" system, I did export the settings. Importing that backup restored the images and text. It spent a couple minutes "actively refusing a connection" which was disconcerting, but after a few minutes it connected and seems to be working ok.

Export (backup) your settings BEFORE you do this upgrade you WILL need it. Should go without saying I guess...
Problem is I did not look here BEFORE I had the problem!!!

I am using remote from a windows machine talking to Dude 3.1 running on an x86 Router OS 3.18.