Community discussions

MikroTik App

keith
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Dude 3.1 exits after using tools

Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:17 pm

I just installed the 3.1 release and every time I use a tool on the right click menu Dude closes when the tool closes. Anybody else have this problem? Running it on Windows XP as a service. did it also when it was selected to run all the time.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Dude 3.1 exits after using tools

Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:50 am

I just tested Ping, Traceroute, Winbox, Telnet and Torch - Dude runs fine. Does it show a crash report after closing?

sky

Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:55 pm

I'm running The Dude 3.1 on Win XP Home box, and I have same problem.

The dude exits when I try to run some item from Tools menu. But The Dude exits only if I'm trying to run external application with this window icon. So, ping, traceroute, winbox, torch and others are working fine. But ftp, telnet and ssh (manually added) are provoking the dude to exit.

By the way, it's possible to include ssh client into standard distribution (putty, for example, its license allow this ;) )

keith
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:21 pm

I hadn't tried the internal tools like ping, tracert, etc. Those do work fine it only exits after using an external program. There are no error messages it just exits

EnvisionKen
just joined

Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:32 pm

We are also having the same problem. After upgrading from 3.0rc3, Dude shuts down after calling external functions like Web etc.. Running as service on Intel P4 WinXP Pro SP3 2GB RAM. Seems fine in all other functions (Monitors, Notifications, etc..). Didn't have this problem in the Release Candidate.
This is very irritating for us since all of our Wireless Client bridges are administered through a Web interface. Prefer not to manually open a browser & type address.
Thanks for any help.
Ken
Envision Technologies

dbaker
just joined

Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:03 pm

I am having the exact same problem. The problem did not exist until we upgraded. We are also running on the same platform as Envision.

FiShYmAn
just joined

Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:04 pm

I am having the same problem, i described my problem in a different post here: http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29875

ramaza
just joined

Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:16 pm

Hi,

same problem with Dude V3.1 and completely new network layout. So no old data from previous versions.
Dude exits if I use putty or telnet via the tools menu. The external program gets started as expected but after that Dude dies in the background.

Any solution to this problem?

Regards,
Franz

jtech
just joined

Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:24 pm

Same problem....external tools crash the dude.

Regardless...we still love you for making it available and doing such a great job at everything else :)

**Update**

This problem only seems to exist on the local machine that the dude server is running on. I don't seem to have this problem as a client connected remotely.

conjurer
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:01 pm

I run dude server on router os 3,20, x86 custom server.
I dont have this problem with 3.1 version.

Now i realized there is other problem, something with probe count. Ill describe it.
When i add device, i input ip address, and press next, then discover. it discovers everything, and works fine then. When i begin to add services manualy, then press finish, and double click on device, dude freezes.

I managed to see what happens, an here is screenshot:
http://www.ipix.lt/images/37720542.png
So i gues there is some problem with integers. Up - 4 all added services up, and 4.29 unkwnown. 2^32 is 4.29G, so then it is unsigned integer of 4 bytes. Maibe there is some strange subtraction, which makes it below zero, and because it's unsigned it makes this number 4.29 G.
Like when you add manualy in device creation, it doesn't count total services, and leaves it zero.
Same thing was in 3.0, dont know about rc's.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LaGlobule
just joined

Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:30 pm

I'm running The Dude 3.1 and I've the same problem : when executing an external tool, ie a tools I've added by myself such as a batch command line file (.cmd), the tool is executed, then the CPU raises up to 100% and the product crashes.
Any idea/suggestion/patch/new version for this bug ?

Thanks and best regards for the dev team.