Community discussions

MikroTik App

BjarneDein
just joined
Topic Author

Discovering links is not done

Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:05 pm

Hi Dudes,

Why do Dude not discover and draw the devices and links when discovering specific hosts/servers on sub-sub net, from where I do the discovering?

When runing a "tracert" to the specific hosts/servers there is 10 hops/devices/fw on the route down to it, which I'd hoped/expected to be drawn with links and devices all the way down - plus the specified hosts to discover...?

Can someone please explain if I expect too much, or what I'm doing wrong?
Best Regards,

Bjarne Dein

meverest
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Discovering links is not done

Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:44 am

[quote="BjarneDein"]Hi Dudes,

Why do Dude not discover and draw the devices and links when discovering specific hosts/servers on sub-sub net, from where I do the discovering?

When runing a "tracert" to the specific hosts/servers there is 10 hops/devices/fw on the route down to it, which I'd hoped/expected to be drawn with links and devices all the way down - plus the specified hosts to discover...?

Can someone please explain if I expect too much, or what I'm doing wrong?[/quote]

G'day,

as far as I can gather, dude discovers links using snmp or routerOS probes. I would also like it to use traceroute to discover links - add you vote to feature requests: http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/MikroTik_ ... e_Requests

Cheers.