Community discussions

MikroTik App

Wesley
Topic Author

Custom web interface

Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:55 pm

Hi there,

Is there any way to customise the web interface of the dude?I would like to add our company logo and name to the site, as our client use the web access to view the network.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Custom web interface

Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:36 am

Sorry, dude is free of charge already, so we don't offer any such things.
No answer to your question? How to write posts

Wesley
Topic Author

Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:44 am

thanx any way then.

samcarney
just joined

Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:18 pm

Wesley,

How do you let customers access the webpage? Do you give them a username/password? I'd like to do the same thing with my dude map.

Wesley
Topic Author

Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:23 pm

They browse to (IP):8080/dude.
Then I added a Read only user account for the dude, then they log in using that.

Minollie
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed May 27, 2009 4:53 pm

Hi guys,

I actually don't want as much as a custom webinterface but I do have a little question about it..

I want to give some people access to different views.
When I send them the link I have to send them to the homepage of the webinterface, but that isn't what I want to do..

I want to be able to send them a link which already includes their username and password and the default view they're allowed to access, so they don't need to login (you can say they aren't allowed to login with other credentials but this one.. ;)) preventing them from messing things up.

Is this possible or not? If it is I would love to hear what I have to do do make it work..

Best regards,
Minollie

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 27, 2009 7:11 pm

You could automatically export your maps every few minutes. Configure a web server and a web page with links to the graphic files to view those exports. There is a thread that shows how to do this and some discussion about moving the exports around with FTP. That way they can't click on anything... Not the greatest solution but nothing could get changed!

adamd292

Thu May 28, 2009 5:53 am

I found that if I log in to the Dude via the web using Firefox, then right clicking on a map image and looking at the properties, then map is loaded using:
If I navigate to this page, then only the map is displayed. :)
If I resize my browser window, then the map gets bigger and smaller to fit :) :)

I was planning to use the "Foxden" plugin for firefox to create a portal showing a mashup of maps and statuses from the Dude and other monitoring apps that I use (you just can't get all the best features in one app :( )

But, there are three problems:
1) The dude uses a session key stored in a session cookie. If I restart my web browser, then the page can not be found until I log in to the dude again.
2) The image does not refresh (unless I have another browser logged in to view the same map, then the map will change if I refresh the page).
3) Doing this sometimes freezes the Dude's web server. The Dude Server keeps running and working (dude.exe #1); but the Dude Web Server (dude.exe #2) stops responding, and has to be killed with Task Manager.

*I was using Foxden, because neither Dude, nor any of the other apps allowed me to embed web pages from other locations within their web console.

Adding the complexity of a web server in my case (I have a control centre with a single 1.5m display allocated to the equipment that the dude and other applications) is a bit too much, but I can see how it would be useful for those of you running ISPs.

chimaster
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:28 pm

That login idea for clients sounds good. I remember another post (too tired to search for it now) that had a way of displaying uptime via a script on the Router and PHP (or do I..) Anyways, if you wanna put your GFX on it, why not create a html template with iframe. That way you can have your own header. Mikrotik don't go too hard on their logos all over it, so it would still look pretty.

adamd292

Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:56 am

I ended up doing what many people suggested:

I export each map to a file (jpg), then I created a web site that allows my users to login and view just their maps.