Community discussions

MikroTik App

dfwair
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Showing status of submaps under submaps...?

Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:57 pm

I'm pretty sure this has to be a feature that exists, but I can't find it. We have locations in our network where placing submaps under submaps make sense. For example, you have an overview which is the whole network, then you have Market A which has 3 towers as part of that market. Instead of trying to fit 3 towers in a small amount of space (to maximize the real estate of the overview map), we have placed all 3 towers in a single submap as individual submaps. When an outage occurs in one of the submaps under Market A, the Market A icon does not change to red, orange, or blue as it should depending on the outage. If you open up Market A and look at each tower icon, you can see that one does in fact have an outage. As well if you have no monitored devices under the submap, it doesn't show green at all -- it shows the gray/white icon for the submap.

Is there some kind of dependency setting that I am missing which will show us the global status of the submaps under Market A?

If this doesn't make any sense, I should be able to pull screenshots to show what I mean.

Minollie
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Showing status of submaps under submaps...?

Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:18 pm

Hi there,

Me too know for sure that this feature is available in some of the NMS tools on Earth, for example WhatsUP but I wouldn't advice you to switch to that packet.. It's hell..

I tried to do something similar but the Dude is (at this moment) probably by design not capable of showing the state of the submap of a submap..
Right now it's so that submaps are not being seen as some sort of device, submaps only take the state of devices into consideration to adjust it's colour-state.

I agree that this feature could be very usefull for many people, as it is for you.
Maybe you could make it a feature request for a new release of The Dude? It won't hurt to do that I guess.

Regards,
Minollie