Community discussions

MikroTik App

rL1
just joined
Topic Author

one email notification for multiple devices

Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:59 pm

I'm a first time poster but long-time user, great product ;-)

I am hoping someone here can help me with a slightly different issue. I have a few site-to-site tunnels and currently use thedude to poll multiple resources on the customer side of the network, letting me know not just the availability of services but the overall uptime for the tunnel.

What I would like to be able to do is configure one email alert to address several servers (ie. if only one server or service becomes unavailable the alert doesn't fire, but if all servers or members of the group drop then it gets delivered). Is this possible? I'm on version 3.0

The alternative would be to revisit all of my site-to-site configurations and add the IP of the trusted interface of their VPN appliance and then monitor that separately but I'd rather not bother customers.

Thanks,
Stewart

Minollie
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: one email notification for multiple devices

Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:04 pm

Hi there,

Maybe, but I'm not entirely sure about it if it will work.., you can create an overview page with (lots) of submaps.
I saw you can configure submaps to poll and use notifications too.
For sofar I know settings of a submap are different of these of a normal map, but don't shoot me if I'm wrong OK? ;)
If this is the case you might consider something like this, which (again) I'm not sure of whether it works or not..

Create a notification that is only used on this submap (name it for example the same as the customer)
Configure the notification to be sent only if up > down, unstable > down, unknown > down (I guess this should cover your demands..)

Create an overview map.
Add a submap that points to the specified customer (obviously, make sure to give them names you can keep apart.. ;))
Configure the polling times of this submap to your specifications.
Configure the notification to be used (that specific one for that customer)
This should do the trick I hope..

For an easy readout of an overview map you could change the appearance of submaplabels to be like this..

[NetMap.Name]

Devices: [NetMap.DevicesCount]

Up : [NetMap.DevicesUpCount]
Error : [NetMap.DevicesPartiallyDownCount]
Acked : [NetMap.DevicesAckedCount]
Unknown: [NetMap.DevicesUnknownCount]

Down : [NetMap.DevicesDownCount]

Tuning the respons of the label-colour is also a good idea. For that please refer to the picture..

Regards,
Minollie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.