Community discussions

MikroTik App

numattix
just joined
Topic Author

set an snmp oid value w/ the dude

Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:25 pm

hello all. i'll start with the usual "forgive my ignorance as this is my first ......" speech. :lol:

seriously though, this is my first time playing around with SNMP, MIBs, and the dude so this may be an obvious question.

i compiled my MIB and ran the SNMP walk and was able to retrieve all the OID values that are in the device that i'm testing. i'd like to test the device's ability to accept new SNMP OID values that either i specify or that are randomly generated within some defined parameters (eg string length). i set up an SNMP profile with the proper community string for SET requests. where do i go from here? is there a tool within the dude that will allow me set read/write OID values or do i have to run some sort of script?

i'm using the dude version 3.3 and running windows xp.

numattix
just joined
Topic Author

Re: set an snmp oid value w/ the dude

Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:32 am

HELP!! i just want to set an SNMP value with read/write access. can the dude do this?

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:56 pm

There was some discussion of this in a previous thread. The dude does not do SNMP Write. The solution was to add an external executable that did the SNMP Write from the tools menu or fire the Write from a probe/notification.

MikrotikOdessa
just joined

Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:36 pm

You can use external utility named SNMPSet