MikroTik App

chimaster
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Release Schedule and Donate?

Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:03 pm

Howdy,

Just had a 9 Hour session on my Dude server, my eyes are square but my Dude Fu is strong(er). The Probe Thread is very helpful.

Question on Release schedule though, there are some important feature requests that would be great to see come to fruition. How is the attack on them going? Can we expect to see the top 5 done at some stage?

I know I'm being a pain cause it's free but... I think you guys have a great tool and I'd like to see it progress more too.. How about a donate button for those of us that understand the time that goes into something like this. I'm sure if you got some $$ for it you'd feel warmer at night whilst your hunched over the keyboard adding google earth and single device on multiple maps, whilst your friends are out drinking all the beer and chatting to all the women!

:-) Hows it going Dude team?

dssmiktik
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Release Schedule and Donate?

Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:46 pm

I also would like to donate and help features (not necessarily mine though) get released.

Diakiaoshinsama
just joined

Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:35 am

I'd be down with a donation as well. We have used the dude in this and my previous job and we would gladly show our appreciation!

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:33 am

your approval and appreciation means a lot! to show your appreciation you can tell your friends and colleagues about the Dude and MikroTik. and keep buying MikroTik products.

we are working on a completely new version of the dude, it will have loads of new features and a new database system, so just wait a little longer.

Diakiaoshinsama
just joined

Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:38 pm

Not a problem! Believe me, I'm more than happy to inform people of the fine products you guys make. In fact we are planning on making a RouterOS box as a backup for our primary firewall in the event it decides to go kaput. Thanks for the response and I can't wait for the new version!

QpoX

Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:37 pm

your approval and appreciation means a lot! to show your appreciation you can tell your friends and colleagues about the Dude and MikroTik. and keep buying MikroTik products.

we are working on a completely new version of the dude, it will have loads of new features and a new database system, so just wait a little longer.
I hope x-mas comes early this year :)

Minollie
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:34 pm

Hi guys,

@ Normis:
Would you please be so kind to fill us in about the new tools/features etcetera in the upcoming new version of The Dude?

Version 3.4 already showed much improvement, I hope the new one makes another step towards perfection.

I've mentioned both The Dude itself as the routers from you guys as an alternative to more expensive equipment to some of my friends.
Hope they decide to switch to your equipment, I myself have not such luck, my employer decides what he wants but then without listening to me (I'm sad.. :'()
The Dude is something I use myself and (besides some bugs and weird behaviour every now and then) I'm quite satisfied with it.

Regards,
Minollie

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:12 pm

with RouterOS v4 being released, we are quite busy at the moment, so Dude development is slowed down a little. But keep supporting us, it will come eventually :)

Minollie
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:27 pm

Hi Normis,

Asking for the obvious...
Do you happen to have sort of expected release-date?

The sooner the better since some jerks here are trying to get monitoring up and running without a usefull tool which I consider The Dude to be.

So, hope to hear from you guys!

Regards,
Minollie

(yes, bit anxious to try out a new version of The Dude to teach others a lesson or two about monitoring.. ;))

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:28 pm

but the current version works great, doesn't it?

the next dude will definitely not be released after a month, probably later.

Minollie
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:48 pm

Hi Normis,

Great answer.. but.. we both know that 3.4 is doing a pretty good job but just not everything..

Will/can you keep us posted about the progress?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Minollie