Community discussions

MikroTik App

caterpillar
just joined
Topic Author

how to configure ping in "the dude"

Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:38 pm

I have 2 computers (PC1 and PC2). PC1 successful pings PC2. I installed "the Dude" on PC1. But ping probe is not working. why?

Cthulhu
just joined

Re: how to configure ping in "the dude"

Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:14 pm

I have something similar:

I try to move configuration from my Vista x86 to Windows 7 x64. The Dude works well, but ping probe reports "local problem" on all objects. Others probes (dns, http, etc.) works fine.

Cth

blackpaw

Disable UAC - Re: how to configure ping in "the dude"

Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:21 am

others had reported this problem on x64 systems...
disabling UAC helped.

look here:
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38275

ilneill
just joined

Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:20 am

Just encountered this problem running Dude on Win XP SP3. The UAC tip was a good one - put me on the trail of a permissions problem.

Dude was working fine... I rebooted for an unrelated issue. Upon starting Dude again ALL my ping probes failed, giving a reason of a local problem. All other probes were fine.

It turned out that my domain logon privileges had been reduced and I picked up the reduction after the reboot. Increasing my privileges up to local PC admin rights fixed the problem and all my ping probes started working again.

I hope this helps,

Ian

niauer
just joined

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:27 pm

If anyone will encounter still problem with Vista, i can tell you, even if you will disable UAC and will enable ICMP fo throught everything in firewall you still most likely will have problems if you wont update to service pack 1 < that fixed for some people.