Community discussions

MikroTik App

marcopolo
Topic Author

Map layout and information

Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:17 pm

My Map is starting to look and feel very unworkable so I was wondering whether I could simplify the look and feel.

I have probes setup to monitor Server thresholds that work fine, but...

The links and the layout is a right mess, trying to see what hardware is connected to what port of a switch is almost impossible

Is there any way to remove the link lines but see what port a server/PC is connected to on a switch?

novelty22
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Map layout and information

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:18 pm

Good Question

My only 'work-around' for the moment is not to use the "solid" links, and also if you are linking a device to another on a different submap, make sure to draw the link from the device to the submap and choose which device (hopefully SNMP will pick this up as well) it is communicating with ... this does result in having to hold the mouse over the link, and looking at the bottem of the graph where @TX - Device is ....

wish there was a way to just display this in the link label, and that 2-3 seconds waiting on the popup that you are hopefully hovering your mouse over the right link in order to see the "requested" information and you hope you didn't interpret everything wrong, b/c i do agree with you .... it gets really really messy

marcopolo
Topic Author

Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:29 pm

Thanks, I'll take a look. All I really want is a map showing the hardware and what switch port it's connect to, I'll know the subnet from the IP of the device so don't really need to see Computer > subnet > switch. I've also notice the ether port it shows is only displayed between the subnet picture and switch, can't seem to click on a Computer and show what port it's connected to.

Where are these solid links set, also if I remove will the discovery re-add them?

novelty22
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:39 pm

I wish it had that kind of functionality ... FWIW though, i stayed away from discovery, added everything manually.