Normis: Great to hear that it may be possible (some time) to use Dude on MT as package.
The problem (at least in my case) is that we only have a few public IP adresses in the net and externally hosted servers (to save bandwidth). SNMP'ing into a NAT'ed net isn't comfortable, thus the request to have a "Nagios - like" agent running on the NAT gateway and reporting any and all activities on the local network.
I have "solved" your request (while the super-coders @ microtik work on making all our weird requests feasible) - with a simple "workaround" to publish our net status:
1. Make Dude generate .PNG files for the nets you wish to publish status for. Set this to be done sequentially (I do it every 5 minutes).
2. Install OpenSSH (http://sshwindows.sourceforge.net/
) for windows (or the entire CygWin package) - to get ssh access to the Windows-box running Dude (and sshd with one of these packages).
3. On the web-server, create a cron-job to obtain the files using scp to the website (I do this every 5 minutes).
1 (as above)
2. Install Apache on the Win-box running Dude
3. Use the generated files to publish images of net-status. Maybe even generatin an image every minute in this case since there is no net activity unless users request the websites from the Dude-box.
I am considering to switch to this second approach soon but for now the first approach works like a dream for me - look at: http://www.ranumnet.dk/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph ... lineStatus
for a sample of this (In Danish only - sorry - but I think You will get the picture if you click on it