Community discussions

MikroTik App

Scott
just joined
Topic Author

dude keeps autodiscovering services on devices

Wed May 05, 2010 9:25 am

Greetings,

I've just started playing the The Dude 3.5 and one thing that has started happening is that some of my Windows servers will start reporting partial outages when the dude decides to add the "mikrotik" and "HP Jetdirect" services to them. When I remove those services, which don't even exist on those devices, they get re-added automatically after some time (haven't worked out how long though).

I've tried looking and I can't find anything that would tell Dude to auto-rediscover servers for just those devices. It doesn't do it for everything, just a few.

For the time being I'm now disabling them when they get discovered and that seems to work, but why does it happen in the first place?

ulliGT
just joined

Re: dude keeps autodiscovering services on devices

Thu May 06, 2010 12:48 pm

Hi Scott!

Have you tried to disable the auto-scan feature for your network/map. This feature periodically scans your networks and sometimes returns annoying results by rearranging your map, adding devices you already deleted or adding services to devices that you do not need. You can disable auto-scan for your map here:

* Above the map press the 'discover' button and uncheck 'add networks to auto scan' on the general tab.
* After that you can verify your setting by pressing the settings button above the map and check if your network is still in the auto scan list on the general tab... it should not be.

ulli()

Scott
just joined
Topic Author

Thu May 06, 2010 3:53 pm

Ah yes, that was it. I as getting thrown by the fact that it didn't seem to be doing it for all the devices in my network so I thought it was something specific to those devices.

Thanks.

BeOCeKa
just joined

Wed May 19, 2010 11:29 am

Found it....

The way to disable Services from auto-added is "Settings"-Button from Dude (upper left) > Tab Discover > Part Services.

Thanks