Community discussions

MikroTik App

nahuelon
just joined
Topic Author

Arris C3 (CMTS)

Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:42 am

Hi everybody. I would like to share some Functions and Probes I build to monitoring my HFC network, specialy the Arris C3 CMTS hardware.
I attach two files containing the Functions and Probes, you just need to enter in the XML file, copy de content and the paste it on Function windows or Probes windows.
Once adding the functions a probe you only need to add the CMTS device and click Discover button to add the Probes to the Arris C3 device.
An screenshot is attached to show how can you build a Panel with these data sources.
arrisc3panel.jpg
I am trying to finish the Motorola SurfBoard's monitoring functions and probes this week.
I hope you enjoy this scripts. I would like to everyone participate sharing information about this incredible monitoring software (The Dude). I was used to install Cacti as RRD tools monitor network but I am migrating to The Dude with some incredible positive resuts.

There is a Howto posted on the The Dude Wiki http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/DOCSIS_St ... emodems%29
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dap333
just joined

Re: Arris C3 (CMTS)

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:09 am

Nahuel, quisiera saber si tenes el OID para ver el nivel de señal del Downstream del Motorola Surfboard. También si tenes los OID's para un CMTS Motorola BSR2000.
Nahuel, I wonder if you got the OID for the downstream signal level of the Motorola Surfboard. Also if you got the OID's for a Motorola CMTS BSR2000.

samueleto
just joined

Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:02 pm

Hello there,

I'm new to the community and I'd like to ask if you could teach me on how to get information from the C3 because when I type the IP, username and password I've tried the telnet and ssh port but I don't get it to work, if you could help me on the port I should use or any other thing I'm missing please help me out^^.

P.D.: Sorry for my poor English.

nahuelon
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:59 am

samueleto, i don't know how are you trying to get information from the Arrys C3. If you like to ask me for some help, visit http://www.freesolutions.com.ar/ and check if we are online at the bottom page chat.

samueleto
just joined

Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:59 pm

I've used the IP of my own PC to start using Dude, then added the IP of the Arris C3 because it's in the same subnet and found it and added to the Dude but when I copy the functions for the Arris in the Dude I can paste it but I cannot paste the probes script.

For now that's the problem I have, sorry >-<