Community discussions

MikroTik App

winet
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

cannot get into dude-4.0beta1 x86 RouterOS version

Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:07 am

i keep failing on logging into dude-4.0beta1 x86 RouterOS. the error message is "Login failed: invalid username or password". I didn't have this problem on dude 3.x version. I believed i typed the right user and password, i also made an username = a, with a blank password, it still doesn't work. Is there any changes on user/pass for this new version of dude? do i have to set something on the RouterOS first?
thanks for any help

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: cannot get into dude-4.0beta1 x86 RouterOS version

Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:43 pm

No, there are not any changes.
username=admin without password should work after installation. There is no configuration, which is required to be configured in MikroTik RouterOS.

winet
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:13 pm

No, there are not any changes.
username=admin without password should work after installation. There is no configuration, which is required to be configured in MikroTik RouterOS.
o shoot, my mistake :lol: :lol: i recently learn to use Dude on MTCNA training class, we were using v3.6. I thought the username and password is the same with router username and password, which is not(now i know) :lol: . the reason i thought that way because when we were on the class, the router username is admin, and the password is blank, for the sake of simplicity

ok, i got another problem now. i've succesfully enter the dude server on RouterOs, change its username and password, i logged out(exit dude client), when i try to connect again, i got "Error: Connect Failed: No connection could be made because the ...", i think the dude server is crashed down. how to restart it again without rebooting the router?

winet
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:49 am

does anyone have this bug too? because i can't login again... it's the "Error: Connect Failed: No connection could be made because the ..." again. I have to reboot the router in order to get in again. Is there any way to restart, just the dude server? help please, this is frustrating, i can't just reboot in order to get dude running

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:12 pm

You need to restart the router to get the Dude server restarted too.

winet
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:32 pm

yea, that's too bad, i can't restart RouterOS on the peak time, where if i reboot, i probably gonna get hammered down by my users. i hope mikrotik add this feature on the next beta release