*) fixed unable to add more than one item in dialog box that should allow that
*) more fixes

Download: http://www.mikrotik.com/thedude.php

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: The Dude v4.0 beta 2 released

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:00 pm

JUST AWESOME, Some of the longest standing most annoying bugs are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU MikroTik!!!

Made a quick backup, upgraded a running system, reset the server settings to "service".

ALL MY ICONS all my lovely icons :)

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:10 pm

Can't seem to remove resolved for all devices at once, I can remove resolved for each device individually.

anaktos

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:24 pm

In Charts-->Data Sources, when select a item and press "copy" lost all data in charts of that item.

Bug or not bug?

In 4.0 beta 1 same thing happens

rodolfo
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:18 pm

is it possible to show outgages bottom to the network?
thanks

caterpillar
just joined

Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:01 am

Hi! I have some backup problems, after updating my dude from v3.6 to 4beta and 4beta2. when i do backup (using dude client) dude server terminate my connection, and all connections from other users. Dude client runs on windows vista, dude server on the mikrotik4.6.

olorin
just joined

Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:15 pm

Thanks for adding the "Remove Resolved" button back to the outages pane. However, it doesn't work. All resolved outages remain in the list after clicking the button.

Aveyer
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:21 am

The Remove Resolved button works for me. Is there still a bug with the graphs? I have some links being monitored via SNMP, eg. one link is transferring 1.5mbps but the graph shows 5mbps, but on a different link which is transferring 2mbps the graph reports it correctly. Link is Nano2-Nano2Loco. I am using Beta 2.

gutotknet
just joined

Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Hi guys,
I have the same problem Aveyer
The Remove Resolved button works for me. Is there still a bug with the graphs? I have some links being monitored via SNMP, eg. one link is transferring 1.5mbps but the graph shows 5mbps, but on a different link which is transferring 2mbps the graph reports it correctly. Link is Nano2-Nano2Loco. I am using Beta 2.
Aveyer
...And the same problem Caterpillar
Hi! I have some backup problems, after updating my dude from v3.6 to 4beta and 4beta2. when i do backup (using dude client) dude server terminate my connection, and all connections from other users. Dude client runs on windows vista, dude server on the mikrotik4.6.
I want my 3.6 version AGAINN!!! how can I convert my backup from Dude 4.0 beta 1 to dude 3.6????

miahac
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:45 pm

WONDERFUL! I am looking at the Cart configuration detail settings and see that I can keep information for much longer than before. I do not see a 5 minute value though nor a way to change the 10 minute value to 5 or add a 5 minute value. 5 minutes is the standard for 95th percentile settlement and billing. I could interpolate the value from raw (30 seconds?) maybe, or change the probe interval to 5 minutes so that the raw is 5 minutes but it would be much simpler to have a 5 minute value available.
THANKS AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

ormwish
just joined

Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:09 pm

I have similar Backup problem. Can't load up backup to server. Standart methods not worked.
TGZ loading on server, whereupon server closes all connections for few minutes, and are nothing.
And all files, what i tried load up on server(GUI,WEB) - in transfer's status have "invalid file" (images,mibs,fonts, etc.). This trouble of dude ver.>4
But i found masochistic solution.
I tried copy files over SFTP on empty store. This is worked. BUT server can't load up more 1 file per transaction. (Without this trouble my solution ‎wouldn't be masochistic. I copied almost half backup and very tired=) ).
May be import are can't succesfull of this reason?

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:18 am

If you copy a probe the list of every device it is installed on is included with the probe.

To see this paste the copy of a probe in notepad...
Last edited by lebowski on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gsandul
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:36 pm

fixed server crash when connection to agent lost

Must confirm it is fixed, no crash during 6 day (beta 1 crashed almost every day)

TNX a lot :)

Krokodox
just joined

Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:57 am

First, I would like to extend a big THANK YOU to all of you guys / girls at Mikrotik for creating and improving The Dude. Unlike other of the posters here, I have never experienced the server service hanging or quitting unexpectedly, my system has been up-and-running for several months without glitches with 50+ devices and 16 monitored services.

I have only found four annoying things, hopefully they are easy to mend:

1. The Chart and History graphs are showing some strange behaviour. It shows quite different values depending on the zooming of the chart, i.e. if I zoom in so that only the last ten minutes of activity is shown it looks like this:
Link-1.gif
If I however zoom out to show the last three hours of activity, it looks like this:
Link.gif
This "feature" is also seen on charts.

It seems as if the last two hours of activity are stored "as-is" while anything after that is stored as some sort of "mean-value". Perhaps this is by design and I just have missed something that is obvious for everyone but me? :shock: :D

2. Everytime I want to include a device on more than one network map then the device needs to be re-declared for each map. Would it be possible to let The Dude include the same device on more than one map at the time? As you can see the same Mikrotik device is available on more than one map, i.e. on the map for VLAN 30, on the map for VLAN 20 and on the map for VLAN 10:
Devices.gif
The result is that this device has to be declared three times, which I find to be a bit unnecessary since all info regarding monitoring, etc. is already defined in the first device declaration.

(continued on next post due to image upload limit)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Krokodox on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:53 am, edited 4 times in total.

Krokodox
just joined

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:39 am

(continued from above)

3. I have tried to separate the incoming Syslog events into several logs by dividing them by IP address. I.e. all events originating from computers with IP address from the 192.168.10.0/24 subnet should go to a log for that subnet and all events originating from computers with IP address from the 192.168.20.0/24 subnet should go to another log. I think that I have setup the definition of the Syslog service correctly:
Syslog.gif
Even though I have specified that the incoming events should go to separate logs the rules seem to ignore the address settings and all incoming events are handled by the first rule.

4. The Syslog / Eventlog / any of the logs all show their content sorted by date/time descending, i.e. oldest first and the newest / latest at the bottom . I would like to see it the other way around, i.e. the newest / latest entry on top so that I do not need to start by clicking on the header for the "Time" column every time I switch between logs and / or other panes.

Could I please ask for a setting for sortorder or that the sortorder is maintained / remembered between visits to the log pages? It would increase the usability for The Dude tremendously by removing this small but annoying obstacle. :)

Other than this I can not come up with anything more to whish for right now. 8) Once again, thank you for this excellent product and keep up the good work! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:17 am

check your chart keep times:
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Th ... ings#Chart

also configurable per chart

mramos
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:32 pm

Well ...

I went from 3.6 to 4.0B2, a RB433UAH hold it. A 1G microSD is formated as dude disk.

At the same time, the vy same upgrade on a X86 PC running XP.

* The 3.6 backup file was recovered at the X86/4.0B2 but not at the 433UAH/4.0B2. I copied and paste all stuff using 2 Dude clients windows from X86 to 433 and went ok, but the only service I use (ping) was not there. There was a 'blank' service, edited element by element selecting ping as service and so went ok on 433.

* Image files uploaded to X86/4.0B2 was ok, but shows as invalid files on 433UAH/4.0B2. Turn around: uploaded my background jpg maps using an ftp client straight to dude disk and placed it at the \images folder (and rebooted 433 to changes take effect).

* Tried to create a backup file on 433UAH/4.0B2, Dude client connection closed and CPU jumps to 100%. At this time webproxy on 433UAH was using some memory, still 25MB free. Cleaned up webproxy, 90MB free, tried again to create a backup file: ok, file created.

* After some hours, on 433UAH/4.0B2 the 'pop up' graphs (mouse over link labels) vanish, just the scale was there. But watching the settings was possible to see stored data. All charts RSSI data desapeared too. Still the correct scales.

Seems that free memory on 433 affects some Dude behaviour. As soon as I clean up memory used by webproxy (e.g. 25MB free to 90M free) the mouse over link labels graphs goes ok but old data is missing. Are this data stored at the Dude disk or at memory?

I'll wait to repeat this missing graphs behaviour and see the free memory under resources (or at 433 on Dude itself).

* Both 3.6 or 4.0B2 client on Vista freezes the PC, depending on the task. 3.6 freezes when I try to add a new element or even if I edit some existing element, e.g changing some parameter, probe, etc. I did not tried to add new elements on 4.0 x Vista - but - mouse over link labels graphs freezes it sometimes. All cases: needed to shut down PC at the power button. On XP no problem at all.

* XR9 link labels does not show frequency nor RSL (both 3.6 / 4.0B2).

* A customized log (my case: web log) was created but does not exists at the backup file. If I load this back up file, I need to re-create this custom log manually, despite of the syslog settings still ok (e.g I have some syslog rules there that says to register some events at the custom log). At the same time, as the custom log is missing the web-log rules assume that it must write to Action log.

mxmxmxmxmx
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:01 am

CPU load go 100%, when i try to see any chart with WEB - www, RB433AH, ROS 4.10, only reboot helps, i can see just black fields, no charts

jaywi11
just joined

Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:40 am

:D I agree with lebowski, what an awesome job.

The Graphs and zoom functionality on them is great, Found the system setting for keeping the raw data for the graphs under (system/chart) this will be very useful.
the only thing missing from these awesome awesome charts is peak and average values I think most users of the dude would agree for bandwidth and latency this would be fantastic. It would be in heaven (and I think you might convert some old school CACTI and MRTG users).

Can we possibly get these figures in the services column too (it would make for some really easy reporting capability)? IE we currently have columns for Device | Type | Problem | Notes can we get Peak Value | Avg Value ?

:D Smiles all round, currently running 623 devices, 1150 services :D

charliebrown
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:17 am

Any idea on upgrading from 2.2 to 4b2? 1000+ devices and I really dont want to have to recreate the whole thing and loose graph history

bugos
just joined

Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:33 pm

Arial.ttf is not found, the old 3.5 version doesn't work :(

gutotknet
just joined

Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:08 pm

Any idea to return to 3.6 version, guys??? the backup isn't possible....
My problems are with the charts, the value that it shows is different that what can be seen on SNMP view, see the attachment.

Aveyer
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:52 pm

The ping tool still isn't fixed either, it always reports <1ms latency when the actual latency is 3ms etc.

ormwish
just joined

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:07 pm

What about outage's comments in 4beta2?
1st: Outages in Services-->Outages
2nd: Notes for Outages not available. This is bug, or feature?=)

brodiemac
just joined

Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:34 pm

Is it possible to fix the jetdirect bug in this release?

mramos
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Hi ...

I stoped using 4.0B2 on a RB433UAH due to several freezes on Dude, despite of ROS still running ok. Remains the XP version.

On XP as a service, starts using about 18MB of RAM and after an hour this value grow to 120 to 160MB of RAM.

How much memory is necessary to it? Ok, I'm using a surplus P-IV with only 256M RAM just for testing but was ok with V3.6 and I even care about memory (128M free). But with 4.0B2 this free value drops to 10 ... 80M.

And - again - like V3.X, any logs I create besides the default Action, Debug, Event & Syslog desapear if I start and stop the server. I need to recreate it again. This log I called "web" and it collect proxy hits from every RB in the network. Is a temporary solution to store visited webpages by customers, one file a day (legal requirement here, must be stored by 5 years).

BTW, the absense of XR9 RSL on labels is true only when client is in pseudo-bridge mode. Another XR9 configured as client (regular client, nated, etc) shows RSL and speed on link label.

Regards;

eivind

Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:51 am

:) First of all, thank You folks for an exellent software!
Have upgraded to beta 4.2 and I'm very happy with the possibility to show negative values in graphs :lol: .
The upgrade was troublefree, but generated a lot of work with removing fill colors in graphs. Lot to do, but no problem...

The Panels works fine for me, but there is a couple of things in my wishlist:
First of all more space. The one page can sometimes be far to small, and a scrollbar at the right and two or three pages height would be exellent.
The horizontal "historic" scrollbar in graphs was a very good idea. The zoom button too, but why not place it aside the scrollbar? Then I can hide the toolbar buttons (gives more space for graph) without loosing the zoom.
The graphs seems always to autoadjust inside the highest and lowest measured. Some times this is OK, but it often makes it difficult to read. A default graphing with reference to the zero-line with an option to choose "compressed" view withouth the zero-line had been very nice.

With thanks from EK

pavlemw
just joined

Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:48 pm

Hello, i have some problems with new Dude 4.02beta.

When I add new devices-host on my map or change something on map, works fine and host is there and changes are there, but when the dude server restart (the dude server stop working by self, and i must restart him) new added devices and changes are not there.

sdrenner
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:04 pm

I just tried upgrading from 3.6 to 4.0beta2 on my RB1000.
I gave it 45 minutes and the dude never came back up. I am running 4.8 on my rb1000.
I am going to try and put 3.6 back on.

Any thoughts as to why?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:48 pm

came back up from where? you mean you uploaded the new Dude RouterOS package, rebooted the router, and the router didn't start? clarify what you did

sdrenner
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:43 pm

I uploaded the the dude 4.0beta 2 file for the RB1000 on to my RB1000 which is running 4.8 OS.
Rebooted and the rb1000 came back up, but the dude never did. I tried logging into the dude with the with and without passwords.
I gave it 45 minutes and during that time the cpu on the RB1000 never got above 10% normally when the dude is running on it, the cpu is between 80 and 100%.
I then removed package 4.0beta2 and reinstalled dude 3.6

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:45 pm

After installing the new Dude package, you should connect to it with the Dude 4.0beta2 windows client. Did you do that, or you used the browser to connect?

sdrenner
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:53 pm

I tried connecting with both client 3.6 and 4.0beta2

sdrenner
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:46 pm

After installing the new Dude package, you should connect to it with the Dude 4.0beta2 windows client. Did you do that, or you used the browser to connect?

I tried connecting with both client 3.6 and 4.0beta2

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:58 am

When I add new devices-host on my map or change something on map, works fine and host is there and changes are there, but when the dude server restart (the dude server stop working by self, and i must restart him) new added devices and changes are not there.
Why did the dude server restart? Power outage or crash?
It sounds like a corrupt file. Do you have any other copies of your data?

pavlemw
just joined

Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:25 pm

Why did the dude server restart? Power outage or crash?
It sounds like a corrupt file. Do you have any other copies of your data?

I'm think that problem it's in memory leak. when the dude server stop working memory is full, and cpu in 100%. And in some times crash because problem in him, he crashed.
4.0beta2 ACCESS VIOLATION at: 44dba0

eip=44dba0 eflags=210202
edi=1c75c88 esi=32b8cb8 ebp=22bbcc esp=22bbb4
eax=15172ef8 ebx=0 ecx=0 edx=15172ef8

log:
backtrace:
44dd6b
4c0c13
7439e8
4c1367
40f03b
40f088
7e418734
7e418816
7e4189cd
7e418a10
7e427721
7e4249c4
7e43a956
7e43a2bc
7e4663fd
7e4664a2
7e450877
7e45082f
77c39300
77c3b127
77c36bba
5e71a7
5e71fe
5e724f
4434ec
445dc4
4460c7
44d981
72142c
4bde2c
7213e1
44d877
445f6f
4460af
4459f1
4442dd
44544d
40f03b
40f088
7e418734
7e418816
7e4189cd
7e418a10
7e427721
7e4249c4
7e43a956
7e43a2bc
7e4663fd
7e4664a2
7e450877
7e45082f
77c39300
77c3b127
77c36bba
5e71a7
5e7585
4bb15b
4bb2d7
4061ef
406c9d
40f03b
40f088
7e418734
7e418816
7e4189cd
7e418a10
414cec
43f2b5
500d5e
500f32
5ad35e
709c98
40124b
4012b8
7c817077

modules:
400000 dude.exe
77c10000 msvcrt
7c800000 kernel32
7e410000 USER32

stack: 3 6461464
e7c3c277 38000100 ccbb2200 2ec4c277
f82e1715 b88c2b03 fcbb2200 6bdd4400
00000000 f82e1715 4cbc2200 155b6600
00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
f8010000 885cc701 4cbc2200 130c4c00
f82e1715 21000000 01000000 00000000
54000000 2848c701 f8010000 af684400
f009ae7f ffffff01 d9a9d055 01000000
50bc2200 660eac71 f8010000 2848c701
f8010000 885cc701 6cbc2200 e8397400

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:14 pm

Ouch, there was a previous memory leak with some w2k,2k3 monitors... Can you delete and recreate those monitors one by one? I'd start with any custom probes.

unfortunate trouble,
lebowski

karina

Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:18 pm

Awesome. Well done Mikrotik. I am so happy you sorted the image loading bug, It was the only thing that I really ever had any trouble with. Keep up the excellent work. Cant wait for the final release :-)

roddie
just joined

Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:43 pm

I can't get 4.0beta2 to listen on my RB1100 running 5.0beta5 -- If I downgrade to 3.6, it works fine.

I am testing with a straight telnet to tcp 2210 -- With 3.6, I can connect, with 4.0beta2, I get "Connection refused"

The package is enabled and does show under /system package print:

7 dude 4.0beta2

Any ideas? I have downgraded/upgraded multiple times with the same results.

omega-00
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:45 am

Can't currently do any backups on our x86 routerOS device running Dude 4.0 beta 2

Everytime I try it simply crashes the dude service.
On the 3rd try it wiped the config, now even on a fresh config I'm trying to back it up and it crashes out.

Have ticketed it for MT support.

jgellis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:26 pm

Am having a few issues with an upgrade to 4.0b2 from 3.6. The issues are around REMOVED features.

What happened to Outage Notes?
Where do we set custom chart appearances now (i.e. background/line/font colors, not global and not the data sources themselves)?
Why is 4.x not backwards compatible with 3.x (i.e. none of my remote Agents work now because they have not been upgraded)?

I switched for the data storage and scroll bars, and for that, thank-you.

eben

Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:51 pm

I'm having too many problems with 4.2 beta lastest to even mention.

How do I downgrade back to ver 3.6 ?

Thank you.

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:14 pm

To answer to migrating back to 3.6. Well the answer is yuk, you have to use the last backup of 3.6 before you upgraded. There is no script to export the database back to XML that I know of. Maybe MikroTik has one but they have not given it to the public. I doubt that they ever made one since they really want to use a database.

Would you list your troubles so the devs can at least have documentation on what is wrong?

caterpillar
just joined

Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:48 pm

I need to do backup my maps, Please help!

jberen
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:36 am

my too, we will need use the backup in 4.x version in 3.6 dude version.
is this possible?, how?, es very important for as restore it backup.

Javier

mip
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:24 pm

Is it possible to re-add "outline" checkbox in devices page?
In version 2.2 it was an option, but in version 3 ( and 4) it is not.
I do not really understand why, but it dissapeared.
But its a very usefull trick on a white bckground.
Imagine a white object ( a static for eg), but for others its good too.
So please re-enable this feature if its possible.
Thanks.

BeOCeKa
just joined

Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:07 pm

Still incomplete german translation like "Derver" instead "Server".