Community discussions

MikroTik App

lemikroza
just joined
Topic Author

cannot add another device type

Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Hello, I have The Dude running in windows service mode on computer with windows xp, next I will call it DS(dude server).
I connect to Dude server from client computer with windows 7, using Dude GUI, next called DGUI.

I'm not able to add more device types. Actually, it's possible, but only for current session of DGUI. It doesn't persist after DGUI is closed. On next start of DGUI, the previously added device type item disappear.

The behavior of Dude is also different, if the device type is added in DGUI running on client computer or in DGUI running on DS.

When I added it on client computer, the device type doesn't not appear in DGUI on DS.
But when the device type is added in DGUI on DS, you can find it on client computer in DGUI too.

Anyway, if you close the DGUIs, you will not find the newly added device type on next DGUI start.

While I have many nodes defined in the Dude, I do not want to reset configuration.
Do you have this problem too?

Thanks
lemikroza
Last edited by lemikroza on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: cannot add another device type

Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:54 pm

Try to upgrade to v4beta2 and see if the problem stays. I have not seen such problems in new betas.
No answer to your question? How to write posts

lemikroza
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:28 pm

Try to upgrade to v4beta2 and see if the problem stays. I have not seen such problems in new betas.

The post was made after I have tested the last v4b2.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:37 am

I just added a new device type called "New Type", selected an icon for it, clicked OK. Closed Dude, opened Dude and it is still there. Did you do something differently? Can you post screenshots of your new device type settings?

lemikroza
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:02 pm

I just added a new device type called "New Type", selected an icon for it, clicked OK. Closed Dude, opened Dude and it is still there. Did you do something differently? Can you post screenshots of your new device type settings?
No, I do nothing unusual - just new, name it and save in minimalistic testing.

But ... I tried to add 5 more items to device types in clean installation of Dude and it works too. Unfortunately it doesn't work in my current installation, where I have more then 300 monitored nodes. I think, it's something inherited from past settings. The same behavior I had in version 3(in my installation). I do not want to lost all my settings and history.

When I have read, that you are moving data to sqlite with Dude v4, I have been thinking, that it will be possible to add records not only through Dude GUI.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:11 pm

currently not possible

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:56 pm

I have brought this up before, I don't know how to address it other than call it a logic flaw.

When an SNMP returns 0 as a value the value is treated as if it is "FALSE".
Build a probe that reads an OID, I am expecting "0" but instead I get probe down.
The value returned is 0 it should be treated as a literal but instead the 0 is treated as NULL?

Can someone come up with a work around?

Thanks,
Lebowski

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:46 pm

What kind of probe do you use, SNMP or Function? What are the other probe settings?

We tried it all, but we don't have this problem

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:19 pm

Sorry about the thread hijack, I will start a new thread...

Pahan
just joined

Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:33 pm

+1
after close DUDE 4b2 (also was @ 3.6) added or (sometime) changed "Device types" and "Line types" , entered in any way , Disappear from the list !!!

P.S. Very often, after closing/opening DUDE, the history of loading of the channel vanishes also!
So was on version 3.6, on the version 4b2 became even more often!
Dude 4b3. Thank4this !!!