Community discussions

MikroTik App

rmichael
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

How to make stacked chart?

Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:59 am

Lets say I have 5 stations. I would like to graph each station's traffic individually on the same chart one on top of another (stacked) so show relative bandwidth use among all AP's and cumulative total on one chart. This style is most often seen on load average (1/5/15 minute) charts.

How can this be done in Dude?

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: How to make stacked chart?

Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:37 pm

Every access point needs to have a link being monitored or a switchport that leads to the AP being monitored.

Click on the Charts Contents page, click +, name your new chart "AP-Bandwidth", click ok.

Right click on your new chart and select settings.
Click + and add a data source.
Find a link that should be on this chart, something like "eth0 (2) @ wap1 tx"
Add both the TX and RX for each AP.

You could create a probe that adds the tx and rx bandwidth of an ap, then install that on every ap and just add those to the chart.

rmichael
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Re: How to make stacked area chart?

Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:05 pm

Right click on your new chart and select settings.
Click + and add a data source.
Find a link that should be on this chart, something like "eth0 (2) @ wap1 tx"
Add both the TX and RX for each AP.
Above steps give graphs that are overlayed - what I'm looking for, however, is composite of all values. For example when stn1tx=1Mbps, stn2tx=1.5Mbps resulting graph would be: stn1tx and stn2tx stacked on top each other to result in 2.5Mbps on the graph.

Similar to this chart:
http://www.designer-daily.com/informati ... tterns-790

thanks.

chrisd13
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: How to make stacked chart?

Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:21 pm

I dont think that this is possible. You could try aggregating tx/rx of each interface in steps.

datasource1 = Int1 tx
datasource2 = Int1 rx
datasource3 = Int1+Int2 tx
datasource4 = Int1+Int2 rx
datasource5 = Int1+Int2+Int3 tx
datasource6 = Int1+Int2+Int3 rx

and so on creating as many datasources as you need to cater for all your link tx/rx sources.

The code for the above sources could make use of this code Selfmade function: Get Aggregation-Link-Speed - help needed

But this would still be overlayed and would probably not give you the exact result that you are looking for. But if you just need a visual display it could look ok.. tbh, this is just theoretical, I have not tried it out yet, but might well give it a go when I get some spare time. I would be interested to see what it would look like.

Lebowski, do you see this method possibly working?