Community discussions

MikroTik App

blackpaw
Topic Author

"too many elements" on Service-Discover

Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:41 am

Hello

Can you help me with this error?
When I create a device manually and then click the "Discover" button to discover the services it has (interfaces, probes, etc...) I get the following error/warning in red letters at the bottom: "too many elements"
too_many_elements.PNG
thanks in advance,

Andreas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gsandul
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: "too many elements" on Service-Discover

Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:26 pm

Hello, Andreas.
Do you rely need all those services IFindex_1.... IFindex_26 to be autodiscovered?
If not - disable autodiscovering for those services and this should solve the problem.

blackpaw
Topic Author

Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:45 pm

I kind of need this, yes... this is to automagically add a probe if a new device has been connected

However: When I do the discovery via the settings > general > auto scan I can narrow down the services to be probed to the ones that can physically exist on this device... but the "discover" button always seems to probe for them all. Guess I have to stop using it, then...

will it help if I check with wireshark/debugging?

Andreas

gsandul
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:51 pm

You can stop auto discovering of services when you press discover button on the device properties, have a look at the picture
uncheck.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.